5,597,084 Members 47,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung galaxy s2 is having 2 horizontal lines on its screen,, PLZZ HELP!!!

Tip us?

sharanchopra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung galaxy s2 is having 2 horizontal lines on its screen,, PLZZ HELP!!!

I am using samsung galaxy s2 since a year but now i am facing a problem in it and that problem is that there are 2 horizontal thin lines on my phone's screen.. one is in the middle of the screen and the other one is at the bottom of the screen.. and i can't fix it i tried to change the rom but nothing happened.. the lines sometimes are visible but sometimes not.. like i am not using my phone for 2 or 3 hours and then i turn on the screen,, the lines will be there and then if i use my phone for 5-10 minutes then the lines will disappear, so please tell me how to fix it i am really frustrated!!!

agrawalshlok96
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the same problem, sometimes 2 horizontal lines are visible on the bottom of my screen.. Couldn't find a solution till now..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

GreekBlood
Old
Thanks Meter 241

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanchopra View Post
I am using samsung galaxy s2 since a year but now i am facing a problem in it and that problem is that there are 2 horizontal thin lines on my phone's screen.. one is in the middle of the screen and the other one is at the bottom of the screen.. and i can't fix it i tried to change the rom but nothing happened.. the lines sometimes are visible but sometimes not.. like i am not using my phone for 2 or 3 hours and then i turn on the screen,, the lines will be there and then if i use my phone for 5-10 minutes then the lines will disappear, so please tell me how to fix it i am really frustrated!!!
May be kernel or rom problem. 2nd did you overclock/undervoltage it? That may be the problem.
Or it is your amoled screen

Dakura
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Try ICS and GB, completely wipe your phone, if that doesn't work its a hardware problem = go to service.
Phone: Nexus 5 16GB
Tablet: Nexus 7 32GB
Old Android Phones: Samsung Galaxy Mini, Samsung S2 I9100G

FeelTheBuzz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sounds like a the voltages on your GPU or CPU are set wrong or an incompatibility with your kernel clashing with your phone. Revert back to before what ever you flashed if you flashed something.

If not, it's hardware like @Dakura said, could be one of the two or even both.

Battery or the screen.

Battery is cheap to replace.
Try the battery and then the screen if it continues.

sharanchopra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hey @ GreekBlood.. I have not overclocked or undervoltage it.. I tried flashing it to stock rom but it doesn't helped.. is there another way to get rid of the lines on the screen? ?

sharanchopra
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheBuzz View Post
Sounds like a the voltages on your GPU or CPU are set wrong or an incompatibility with your kernel clashing with your phone. Revert back to before what ever you flashed if you flashed something.

If not, it's hardware like @Dakura said, could be one of the two or even both.

Battery or the screen.

Battery is cheap to replace.
Try the battery and then the screen if it continues.
Hey can you tell me how can I change settings of my cpu or gpu?? And how will I get to know if my cpu or gpu settings are wrong?? I was having omega rom when I first saw the lines on my phone's screen.. and then I flashed the stock rom 4.1.2 jelly bean but the lines were still there.. sometimes the lines go away and then if I don't use my phone for 1-2 hours the llines come back.. so that's why I don't think its a hardware problem if it was a hardware problem the lines would permanently stay on the screen.. so please help and tell what's the solution!!!

FeelTheBuzz
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Hey can you tell me how can I change settings of my cpu or gpu?? And how will I get to know if my cpu or gpu settings are wrong?? I was having omega rom when I first saw the lines on my phone's screen.. and then I flashed the stock rom 4.1.2 jelly bean but the lines were still there.. sometimes the lines go away and then if I don't use my phone for 1-2 hours the llines come back.. so that's why I don't think its a hardware problem if it was a hardware problem the lines would permanently stay on the screen.. so please help and tell what's the solution!!!
Sorry @sharanchopra ! You can download no Frills CPU.
You can try and change the governor to Performace and see if the issue goes away, if not & your phone isn't under warranty anymore i'd suggest taking it apart and making sure everything is nice and snug on the inside. (Flex cable wise your lcd&digitalizer mighten be plugged in properly).

sandinos
Old
(Last edited by sandinos; 5th January 2014 at 09:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hi,
I think this is a hardware problem (Screen problem). If you have warranty, they will change your display. If not, you can do this.
Regards.