Hello, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2.

Model Number: I9100M
Android Version: 2.3.3
Baseband Version: I9100MUGKG2
Kernel Version: 2.6.35.7-I9100BUKG2-CL342890
root@DELL102 #2
Build Number: GINGERBREAD.UGKG2

I followed this guide to ROOT my phone:
I googled "how to root samsung galaxy s2" and the first link was to reviews CNET and that's the one I followed. Sorry I wanted to post the link but I am not able to.

That guide includes doing all the root process with Odin3, loading an unsecure Kernel and then using S2 Root to root the phone.

I went through it all and I'm good. Now the problem that I've been searching an answer for is the following:

I now want to try other ROMs. I went and downloaded ROM Manager. I did the Flash ClockworkMod and the Latest Recovery : ClockworkMod 4.0.1.5

When I click in Backup Current ROM it gives me the input for the name of the backup and I click ok. The phone restarts and goes into the Android System recovery <3e> and I get this

Android system recovery <3e>

Enter: OK Key, Select : Vol UP / Vol Down
reboot system now
applu update from sdcard
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition
-----------------

-- Installing package...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verifiaction failed
Installation aborted.

Then I select reboot system now and it boots to the system. When it boots though now I get a sounds every time it boots, as if maybe something is not valid; so I don't know what it is that is happening here.

I want to back up my ROM so that I could then go ahead and try different ROMs such as the cyanogenmod or the cognition, etc. I am new to this but I do have a bit of background in development (html, php, as2, as3). I like messing around with my phones so I want to see what this Galaxy S2 is capable of.

Thank you in advanced guys.
13th October 2011, 10:00 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 114

452 posts
More
Rom manager is not compatible you've got to boot in to clockwork or use cwm app.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
13th October 2011, 10:55 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 337

1,516 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by piolo96

first link was to reviews CNET and that's the one I followed.

There's your problem, you should of searched on xda first.
Flash the cf-root kg2 kernel from here and you'll instantly get cwm recovery and root, and stop using rom manager.
14th October 2011, 05:19 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Yeah I know. Thing is that I didn't find xda until after I rooted my phone because I wanted to know more and do more with it, hence xda comes in.
Thank you. I will do that. Now is there a step by step guide that I could look at just to make sure I could do it right. I got the file "CF-Root-SGS2_XW_MOT_KG1-v4.1-CWM4.zip" but not what do I do with it. Thank you for your help. Please refer me to the best guide for rooting my phone (if i need to do it again) and to a guide that also get's me through backing up my phone so that I could mess around with other roms and always be able to go back to factory state.
Last edited by piolo96; 14th October 2011 at 05:24 AM. Reason: added more information
14th October 2011, 02:13 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4,423

23,043 posts
Root + CWM .and instructions .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1103399

jje
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread