[Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 Soft Brick

OP chetan.pundhir@gmail.com

24th August 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi,

NEED HELP!!! I purchased a samsung galaxy s2 phone from an outlet in India and has been using it since last 2 years without any issues except that its memory used to fill after some time even without installation of applications and I used to reset phone whenever that happened. I suspected it was because of some application and I removed all the applications I suspected for that and from many days it was working fine without memory filling issue. Few days back phone gallery was not opening with error of low memory. I ignored that and then one day, it restarted suddenly when I was browsing the web and then a screen came in some foreign language asking for some input. Since, I could not understand that language, I switched off the phone and started it back and then it hanged at the Samsung boot logo. I checked xda dvelopers forum for flashing rom and then used odin to flash Indian version gingerbread firmware on to my phone. It seemed working as in download mode, a blue color progress bar started to move on the phone screen. But it suddenly failed in odin with message 'write operation failed'.

After that, I have tried many times but in vain. Even the blue coloured progress bar which I have seen during first try never appeared. Finally, I went to Samsung service center and asked them to fix my software. They checked the phone and told me that it is not an India mobile and is out country and if they try, my motherboard can be dead and fixing motherboard will cost me 7200 Indian Rupees.

I was surprised to know that my phone is not Indian. I took the phone and tried to find the firmware using the language shown on the booklet/manuals came with phone and Google translate identified the booklet language as France. So, I tried flashing the French gingerbread firmware on my phone which I downloaded from sammobile but that also failed. As a last resort, I tried with PIT method but it also failed but phone is still not dead and can enter in download mode but nothing is working for me to fix the problem,

I have tried:
1. Odin 3.07
2. French Firmware - I9100XWLSW_I9100XXMS3_I9100VGFLS2_HOME.tar.md5
3. Samsung Galaxy SII Stock 2 GB PIT File.
4. Different USB Ports and Computers.
5. Run as administrator with AntiVirus turned off and Kies disabled as well as removed.

I need help of experts in this forum. is there any way I can identify correct firmware for my phone as I am not able to check it in System Information as phone is soft bricked or is there any firmware which can work on my phone irrespective of its region and how can I make my phone working. Please help. Many thanks in advance.
25th August 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs down
My perception for this group went wrong and I think no one in this group is answering my question and its a wastage of my time here so I am giving my phone to service center today for board replacement. Thumbs down to this group. Signing off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetan.pundhir@gmail.com

Hi,

NEED HELP!!! I purchased a samsung galaxy s2 phone from an outlet in India and has been using it since last 2 years without any issues except that its memory used to fill after some time even without installation of applications and I used to reset phone whenever that happened. I suspected it was because of some application and I removed all the applications I suspected for that and from many days it was working fine without memory filling issue. Few days back phone gallery was not opening with error of low memory. I ignored that and then one day, it restarted suddenly when I was browsing the web and then a screen came in some foreign language asking for some input. Since, I could not understand that language, I switched off the phone and started it back and then it hanged at the Samsung boot logo. I checked xda dvelopers forum for flashing rom and then used odin to flash Indian version gingerbread firmware on to my phone. It seemed working as in download mode, a blue color progress bar started to move on the phone screen. But it suddenly failed in odin with message 'write operation failed'.

After that, I have tried many times but in vain. Even the blue coloured progress bar which I have seen during first try never appeared. Finally, I went to Samsung service center and asked them to fix my software. They checked the phone and told me that it is not an India mobile and is out country and if they try, my motherboard can be dead and fixing motherboard will cost me 7200 Indian Rupees.

I was surprised to know that my phone is not Indian. I took the phone and tried to find the firmware using the language shown on the booklet/manuals came with phone and Google translate identified the booklet language as France. So, I tried flashing the French gingerbread firmware on my phone which I downloaded from sammobile but that also failed. As a last resort, I tried with PIT method but it also failed but phone is still not dead and can enter in download mode but nothing is working for me to fix the problem,

I have tried:
1. Odin 3.07
2. French Firmware - I9100XWLSW_I9100XXMS3_I9100VGFLS2_HOME.tar.md5
3. Samsung Galaxy SII Stock 2 GB PIT File.
4. Different USB Ports and Computers.
5. Run as administrator with AntiVirus turned off and Kies disabled as well as removed.

I need help of experts in this forum. is there any way I can identify correct firmware for my phone as I am not able to check it in System Information as phone is soft bricked or is there any firmware which can work on my phone irrespective of its region and how can I make my phone working. Please help. Many thanks in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread