Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,116 Members 47,882 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 won't boot anymore

Tip us?

akhil17kr
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballie1 View Post
So just remove this thing and no replacement? Sorry if I'm a bit confused, but everyone is saying something else
you can try that..if you have finally decided to replace your motherboard at all...

may be it could...

have you gone to the local mobile repair shop ? what they said ??
Hit Thanks if i help u

Ballie1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'd rather try everything not to have to replace the motherboard. Cause like I said earlier: If there's any possibility to save the phone like it was when it crashed, so with messages/settings/apps etc. it's better offcourse... Or is it when I remove/replace this capacitor all will be lost also?

I'm going to visit the local store this afternoon to see what they have to say about it... But there's no warranty on this phone anymore so I guess fixing will be (too) expensive.

akhil17kr
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
I'd rather try everything not to have to replace the motherboard. Cause like I said earlier: If there's any possibility to save the phone like it was when it crashed, so with messages/settings/apps etc. it's better offcourse... Or is it when I remove/replace this capacitor all will be lost also?

I'm going to visit the local store this afternoon to see what they have to say about it... But there's no warranty on this phone anymore so I guess fixing will be (too) expensive.
what did local repair shop owners said then ??
Hit Thanks if i help u

Ballie1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil17kr View Post
what did local repair shop owners said then ??
First went to local mobile phone store, only thing they did was putting the phone on a charger and say: Can't be fixed. Then I went to the repair store and they said that only looking at it what the problem could be would cost 30,-, and they couldn't guarantee that the problem would be solved then so...?

akhil17kr
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
First went to local mobile phone store, only thing they did was putting the phone on a charger and say: Can't be fixed. Then I went to the repair store and they said that only looking at it what the problem could be would cost 30,-, and they couldn't guarantee that the problem would be solved then so...?
Try another shop.... It costs nothing just to check and see..
Hit Thanks if i help u

Ballie1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This friday I will visit a repair store in another town.. See what they have to say about it.
Just for the record: If the USB Jig method works, do I lose my data after all?

Ballie1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got a USB-Jig and tried to get the phone into download mode, but it didn't work. Are there any other solutions left?

theunderling
Old
Thanks Meter 749

DONATE TO ME
Eh no.

The Following User Says Thank You to theunderling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]