Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,753 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 Wont turn on or charge!

Tip us?

INeedHelp?
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Samsung Galaxy S2 Wont turn on or charge!

Hi, I have a samsung galaxy s2 that I bought off kijiji. It is white and was originally from bell. I unlocked it and the phone worked great for 2 weeks I could charge it pull the battery out and put my koodo sim card and it worked. One night I went to sleep and woke up and it was dead. So I went to go charge it and it didn't charge or want to turn on... So I went to go buy a new battery that was already fully charged and I put it in the phone and it worked, it turned on and everything worked. Then it died again as I was at school and it wont charge or turn on again! So I gave both batterys to a friend who has the same phone to charge and then I tryed it in my phone again and it wont turn on. I made a youtube video of my problem so this my explain it a little better also. Here is my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=184ad...1&feature=plcp

PLEASE HELP ME I NEED A PHONE. THANKS

gigeaky
Old
Thanks Meter 212
have you tried download mode or recovery? are you rooted? custom kernel? what version of android do you have?
Suffering of ORD But I'm seeking help
In use:
SGS4 (I9505)
- ROM: varies with week
My girlfriend has
SGS3
- ROM: temasek's UNOFFICIAL CM11 BUILD
- Kernel: stock?
- Recovery: [i93xx][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch
Around:
SGS2
- ROM: Stock rooted
- Kernel: stock
2000mAh battery by Samsung
Retired
SGS:
Stock

INeedHelp?
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Its not rooted I just unlocked it, thats all I did to it, and I dont know the firmware or anything else. I cannot get into recovery mode . tried holding own home+power+volume up.

kilometers4
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2881

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedHelp? View Post
Its not rooted I just unlocked it, thats all I did to it, and I dont know the firmware or anything else. I cannot get into recovery mode . tried holding own home+power+volume up.
Can you get to download mode? Hold volume down home and power on button. If you can go to www.sammobile.com and download a stock firmware and flash through Odin

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Pittoreski
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Do you know if the phone is still on the guarantee? It most-likely is so you should bring it to Samsung ASAP and they will probably give you a refurbished one. The only problem is if you used a code to unlock the device, you'll pretty much lose it. Don't bring it to Bell, they won't give a damn because they're not your provider.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
Current devices:
- Samsung Galaxy S II w/ Cyanogenmod 9 (4.0.4)
- Google Nexus 7 Stock rooted (4.1.1)

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Bottom line is, if you haven't rooted the phone or run non-stock firmware on it, don't risk doing that now to try and fix it. If it borks, you'll end up voiding your warranty.

Send it into Samsung/an authorised repairer & have it repaired under warranty is my advice (contact Samsung in your country to get details of repairer).

Now, if you have rooted the phone/run non-stock firmware on it, and you can get into download mode then you can still fix it. If you can't get into download mode tho, there's no chance of you fixing it so don't even attempt to. Send it to a service centre & hope they don't notice you've been messing with it.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

INeedHelp?
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I cannot get into download mode.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
No download mode, no recovery & phone won't boot = service centre/Samsung authorised repairer & hope they can't tell you used a bit of dodgy software to try & unlock the phone & borked it in the process.

I guess you could try a jig & see if that gets you into download mode as well.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

tricky-tricky
Old
Thanks Meter 28
This problem just happened to me... I did the soft reset mentioned in other forums and did not work... so I took the battery, sim card, and SD card out and put the battery cover back on, left alone for 1hour... tried soft reset again and worked.
Soft reset: Battery out, press ON button for 10 secs, put battery back on, turn on.

tricky-tricky
Old
(Last edited by tricky-tricky; 2nd August 2012 at 02:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 28
As I said yesterday I had problems turning on the phone and managed to turn it on by performing a soft reset... now the problem is that I usually turn it off every night and this morning it happened again, the phone won't turn on... did the same soft reset and there it went again but I am now scared of turning it off and never be able to turn it on again... Can someone suggest what the problem may be? would be a hardware problem? Or should it be a ROM/Kernel/Recovery problem?