Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 49,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Logo stuck

Tip us?

yp261
Old
(Last edited by yp261; 16th May 2014 at 04:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Samsung Logo stuck

Ok, so i installed a few days ago a KitKat rom by PacMan or smth (nightly).
After those few days, it just rebooted by itself today and got stuck on samsung logo.
I can access recovery, but cant do anything in it, because it hangs up when i try to install zip, or wipe data/cache.
I tried Odin, but every rom i try to install..:
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

or:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
and stucks.
nothing's happening on phone.

Help me, please. D:

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, find it, go through as much of the stuff in the thread as many times as you need to until you get a successful flash.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

yp261
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Eh.. Installing this fully wiped rom gave this:
<ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/005> data.img
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I'm kinda tired, and i can't send it to the service centre. I have too much important data on my internal storage, that nobody can't get it.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Then you'd better go back to Hopper's thread when you're not tired and do everything in that thread over and over and over and over if you want to:-

A) Not lose any data and
B) Avoid an expensive trip to a Samsung service centre or local mobile repair shop which will also more than likely result in the loss of said data.

There is no easy fix in this situation, and there's nothing which isn't in that thread which can be suggested in these situations. In the thread you have the tools to fix it assuming it isn't NAND corruption. We can't fix it for you.

If it were me, I know what I'd be doing.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yp261
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Did everything, now i tried to repart.
After it, my phone just turned off and i can't turn it on.
It looks like it's dead?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
If you flashed a PIT (why you'd do that now I have no idea, flashing a PIT is an absolute last resort) & it now doesn't even boot, yes, it's a service centre or local mobile repair shop job. You won't be recovering your data, but nor do you need to worry about whomever repairs it seeing it - it's gone.

yp261
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
But funny thing is that phone's getting hot near camera, with battery inserted and unplugged usb.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Correct. That happens when the NAND is corrupted. Motherboard replacement time if you want to keep that phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]