Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung s2 and kitkat

Tip us?

LiL_Assassin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Samsung s2 and kitkat

Hey guys, sorry if this is not the right spot, I have a Samsung s2 with kitkat, the battery life is terrible.. I mean not the usage but whenever I charge my device it stays on 4% and doesn't move, unless I don't use the device and then it charges extremely slowly, I turned off ok google and that seemed to help for about a day and now it's just doing the same thing, this is with stock kernel, dorminx, different kitkat Roms, this didn't happen on stock 4.1.2, any help would be great

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

ahmedelhofy
Old
Thanks Meter 184
You might have something draining your battery... Charge your phone to 100% then show me a screenshot from the battery page in the settings when it goes to 1% or a "better battery stats" log

Tvartenis
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You should try other roms. Curently on my sisters SII runing Resurrection Remix 4.4.2 KitKat v5.1.5 and battery life is great.

gsstudios
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Personally, I don't recommend dorimanx's kernel to anyone. By far, they are the least stable and have bugs (mainly because official development has been discontinued). Try using Pedestre's apolo kernel. Stable ever since earlier release.
Be sure to click the thanks button if you appreciate the help!
For information anything about customizing your android phone, visit: www.androidmodguide.blogspot.com

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
ROM: Cyanogenmod 11 Installer Build Snapshot
Kernel: Dorimanx V10.44 RC2
CPU frequency: 200-1200MHZ
CPU Governor: PegasusQ
IO scheduler: Sio