Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung i9100T and modifying

Tip us?

LiL_Assassin
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Samsung i9100T and modifying

Hey guys, I hope this is the right area to ask these following questions, some of them are subjective and it all matters to the user, but before I head down the rabbit hole of flashing. I would like user input. Some of these will be hardware related.

1. Using telstra simcard, I wanted to know what the best or a good reviews modem for battery and stability.

2. This I don't understand, lpa+aftr or lpa+idle for s2?

3, is there a different attena you can buy that allows 4G, or an extended range?

4. A usb port that allows more than 650v charging. (since default hardware doesn't allow it)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Free mobile app

Zile995
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_Assassin View Post
2. This I don't understand, lpa+aftr or lpa+idle for s2?
They are IDLE aka Normal Idle, LPA aka Deep Idle and AFTR aka ARM Off Top Running. Race to idle by CPU is implemented for power management.

In IDLE state, CPU is not clocked anymore, but no hardware is powered down.

In deep idle (LPA),a state after IDLE, again, the cpu is not clocked anymore like we guessed but some parts of hardware are powered down. Deep idle brings in real power savings and there is no need of putting a hard limit to frequency during screen-off; using a screen-off profile. (Good practice is to use a governor with built in screen off profile, than using an user-configured screen-off profile by putting a hard limit on frequency). Deep idle is not used when device is entering deep sleep and also when device is woken from suspend/deep sleep. While entering/exiting DEEP IDLE, CPU is set statically to SLEEP_FREQ and is not clocked below or above until it exits this state.

AFTR is a patch to support Top=Off mode for deep idle. Level 2 cache keeps it data during this mode.

We can have IDLE or AFTR modes with LPA enabled or disabled. (Obviously it is not possible to have IDLE and AFTR together)