Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,633 Members 37,846 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does Samsung sell batteries direct? Where to get them?

Tip us?
 
MauFerrusca
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 55
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mexico City
Question Does Samsung sell batteries direct? Where to get them?

Yep, bought a battery from eBay for my S2 and I cannot use it, cannot charge it, nothing. It came with 50% charge, tried to charge it overnight, but since the phone "thinks" there isn't a battery conected it will only drain it but not charge it, not via USB, not with orignal wall charger, not with Sony external CyberEnergy battery.

So the pressing question is, since I don't live in the US and my original battery is way beyond unusable (it's become fat, any CPU intense activity will shut off the phone), can you purchase original, useable, new Samsung batteries online?

Thanks.
 
mugenbatteriesOwner
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauFerrusca View Post
Yep, bought a battery from eBay for my S2 and I cannot use it, cannot charge it, nothing. It came with 50% charge, tried to charge it overnight, but since the phone "thinks" there isn't a battery conected it will only drain it but not charge it, not via USB, not with orignal wall charger, not with Sony external CyberEnergy battery.

So the pressing question is, since I don't live in the US and my original battery is way beyond unusable (it's become fat, any CPU intense activity will shut off the phone), can you purchase original, useable, new Samsung batteries online?

Thanks.

I haven't heard of Samsung selling direct or a good place to purchase original batteries. However, I know of some really good batteries that are not cheaply made and will hold a full charge. Therefore, you wouldn't have any issues like the battery you purchased from eBay. They are Mugen batteries and I would be happy to send you the link.
 
MistahBungle
Old
#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3205
Posts: 7,088
Join Date: Nov 2011
Yeah of course. A Google search (I just did one & found several; you might need to order from a different country & pay whatever shipping costs though) should reveal plenty of places online that still sell genuine Samsung I9100 batteries (not Samsung though, they don't sell them direct).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
 
MauFerrusca
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 55
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mexico City
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenbatteriesOwner View Post
They are Mugen batteries and I would be happy to send you the link.
I found those too! Are they only higher capacity? Believe it or not, I'd rather keep the slim profile of my phone for now. I'll perform a much thorough Google search at home tonight.

If you have that link, I'd be most thankful. Some sites are restricted at work, and strangely enough, Mugen batteries is one of those.

Thank you!
 
MauFerrusca
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 55
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mexico City
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Yeah of course. A Google search (I just did one & found several; you might need to order from a different country & pay whatever shipping costs though) should reveal plenty of places online that still sell genuine Samsung I9100 batteries (not Samsung though, they don't sell them direct).
Don't want to sound bitchy, but that is exactly what I don't want to do AGAIN. Just because someone writes "Original" or "Genuine" on the item's description isn't, sadly, enough for me anymore. I've got a very succesful eBay purchasing history because I do my homework.

In this particular case, I knew I was taking a risk buying from eBay, I had read that several buyers have (possibly unaware of that, since they buy bulk) copycat batteries. Since my phone isn't new and it's rooted, I figured I'd run said risk, maybe a rooted phone does not perform such a thorough battery ID. I was wrong. Live and learn.

Having learned my lesson, I don't mind paying a higher shipping cost, but making sure I will receive a battery my phone will accept and a battery that won'd damage it in the long run.
 
MauFerrusca
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 55
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mexico City
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenbatteriesOwner View Post
They are Mugen batteries and I would be happy to send you the link.
Found this one. What do you think?
 
reqx
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Warsaw
Search in the surrounding shop with batteries / electronics
 
mugenbatteriesOwner
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauFerrusca View Post
I found those too! Are they only higher capacity? Believe it or not, I'd rather keep the slim profile of my phone for now. I'll perform a much thorough Google search at home tonight.

If you have that link, I'd be most thankful. Some sites are restricted at work, and strangely enough, Mugen batteries is one of those.

Thank you!


Here is the link that I would use to purchase the Mugen batteries: http://mugen.co/samsung/at-t-samsung...-s-ii-usa.html

The eBay link looked ok but this one I would trust a lot more.
The Following User Says Thank You to mugenbatteriesOwner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cowbutt
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 193
Join Date: Feb 2010
I got one in retail packaging for 11.99 about 2.5 years ago. EAN barcode is 8806071517919.
The Following User Says Thank You to cowbutt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
russy23
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 39
Join Date: Jul 2012
i just got a cellshell battery, so far so good, although ive only charged it once (dont batteries need a few charges to optimise performance?)

Tags
batteries, original, samsung
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Add Timestamps to Xposed Installer Logs with… Xposed!

If talking about the most interesting projects in the last few years, we must … more

Secrecy Goes Open Source, Assures File Encryption

As some of you may remember, a while back we spoke about Secrecy, an effective file … more

[APK] Google News and Weather Gets Material Design Makeover, Minor Maps Updates

Although Google has somewhat gotten out of the habit of their … more

Software Build Automation with Jenkins – XDA Developer TV

Many members of the XDA community come to learn and begin in the exciting … more