Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 43,945 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGS2 not booting...any good repair center in Fortworth?

Tip us?

smilingcruel
Old
(Last edited by smilingcruel; 30th June 2014 at 01:00 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Default SGS2 not booting...any good repair center in Fortworth?

I have a SGS2 GTI9100 (international) which I kept for charging in night. Next morning when I tried to power on the device it was not working. No recovery no download no charging indicator etc...

I tried changing battery
I tried usb jig

Both the above things didnt worked.

I went to Samsung service center in Hurst Texas USA and they told me they dont check the international version....

I went to another repair service and they did a diagonostic service and they told me that "due to power surge Processor might have failed" and they dont know how to proceed further....

Any way to repair these kind issues.....any good repair centers in cities like Fortworth, Irving, Plano, Dallas in Texas....any one from these places who can recommend a good service center who cann rwpair this....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

smilingcruel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Any one please???

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 1st July 2014 at 02:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3205
Very few people in the US use I9100's (on here at least), and even fewer post in this forum these days. You're far better off asking in one of the active forums devoted to one of the US variants, you could be waiting a very long time for an answer here.

Edit - However, a bit of 'generic' advice; specific fix if you want to keep the phone is replace the motherboard (replacing individual components on the board isn't feasible) - a Samsung authorised repairer can give you a new board, but this is the expensive option. A cheaper option is to source a 2nd hand board online yourself, and pay a local mobile repair shop to swap the board (they might also be able to source the board for you).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

smilingcruel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 33
Thanks sir.

Any advice on how to search for the mother board online? Appreciate your help...

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
A Google search will normally do it, but I believe KeithRoss39's USB charger board replacement guide thread in General (do an advanced search on his username or search for 'Replacing USB charger board) has a list of parts suppliers, which should give you a start.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?