SGS2 Canadian Thread (Bell/Virgin/Sasktel/Rogers) Root/Unlock/Firmware/Modems/Mods
Download Mode: Volume Down+Home+Power
Recovery Mode: Volume Up+Home+Power
Once in recovery use volume keys to navigate, home button to select and power button to go back
Official Firmware Version
Product Code: GT-I9100LKMBMC
Galaxy_S Unlock App by Helroz found here https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result
CF-Root Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1103399
We do not have a CF-Root version of our kernel so just flash any kernel using the instructions provided in the link and flash the stock kernel back (found below). Root will remain as well as the CWM app but you will loose clockwork mod recovery.
Zergrush exploit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=zegrush
Yellow Triangle Removal
Tutorial can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1193091
Alternatively you can use a Jig as it also resets the custom Rom counter
I9100 Secret Codes
All links below are for Gingerbread 2.3.3 MUGK2
Stock Bell/Virgin Modem
Directions: Use Odin and place .tar file in "phone" section
Directions: Place .tar file in PDA section using ODIN
Directions: Flash with Odin in CSC section
Some users are experiencing better Gps/Reception with the KH3/KI3 modem
Directions: Unzip file and flash modem.bin with Odin under "phone" section
*CWM Compatible Modems can be found here
How to install the latest firmware on your phone. This will also get rid of Bell's bloatware:
1) Make sure you have working drivers installed on your computer. If you do not, the easiest way is to download Kies and it will install it for you.
2) Install Odin 1.85 on your computer (attached at the bottom of this post)
3) Pick any firmware version you would like to flash from Intratech's thread linked here. The firmware is arranged from oldest to newest so the last ones are obviously going to be the newest.
4) Start Odin in "administrator" mode and make sure Kies is not running in the background. Use task manager to check
5) Place your downloaded firmware .tar or .md5 file into the PDA section in Odin. Make sure re-partition is not selected. Auto reboot and reset time should be selected by default.
6) Remove any external sd cards and the sim card from your phone (precaution) then reboot into download or hold volume down + home + power key. If a warning pops up press the volume up key to continue.
7) Connect your phone to the computer with the USB cable. You should see the I.D:Com port turn yellow.
8) Once you are certain everything is where it should be, select START. Once the process has completed your phone will re-boot. Exit out of Odin. That's it!
9) If you wish to root your will need to download a cf-root kernel that matches the firmware you just flashed from here. For example if you flashed XXKI4 then you will need to download the cf-root kernel that ends with XXKI4
10) Restart Odin and place the kernel .tar file in the PDA section, connect your phone and press START.
Since upgrading to 2.3.4/2.3.5 firmwares, some (including myself) have noticed some lag/stuttering when flipping through homescreens. I find that this gets worse when using the program monitor widget. I put together some alternatives that I pulled from the US variants of the Galaxy S2.
I have tested them and they have pretty much eliminated the issue. I personally find them much smoother. These are stock Twlaunchers with no mods. The files can be found at the bottom of this post. Requires Root.
: These files a deodexed but will work with Odexed Firmwares (I tested on 2.3.5) Make sure to download another launcher and use it as your primary. While using an alternative launcher, back up the twlauncher.apk and .odex files under system app then the libglcanvas.so under system/lib. Then delete twlauncher.odex. Boot into CWM recovery and flash the new twlauncher. If you do not have CWM recovery you can also unzip the file and drop the .apk into system/app and the .so into system/lib.
Long press on menu button brings up search. Endless scrolling through home screens. Option to set app drawer alphabetically.
Epic 4G Touch
: Option to set app drawer alphabetically.
T-Mobile Galaxy S2
Features: Long press on menu button brings up search. Endless scrolling through homescreens and
widget selection screen. Option to set app drawer alphabetically.
credits: Intratech, x-cimo