5,606,530 Members 34,237 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGS2 Canadian Thread (Bell/Virgin/Sasktel/Rogers) Root/Unlock/Firmware/Modems/Mods

Tip us?

wadokai
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konsyst View Post
Thanks, but I just flashed LPS modem and it seems to be much better.
where did you get the LPS modem?

Canuck_123
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadokai View Post
Hey guys i need your help.

I want to upgrade my rom, i'm currently on batista foxhound 2.0. So i wanted to try the new ICSversion of foxhound.

I follow instructions exactly. After i press "reboot system"... the phone keeps rebooting to the black samsung screen and won't go into recovery mode.

I fix this by flashing a different rom via odin.

So.. i'm not sure if it's batista's foxhound rom or my phone. But in the event it's not my phone,

what ICS rom would you reocmmend? (in terms of stability, battery life, performance) ?
I'm on CyanogenMod v9 and it's great. Was a bit shaky up until the last few releases (devs are still calling it "experimental"), but now it is very solid, especially since the April 4 release. You should definitely try it.

adam1741
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Anyone ever see your phone connect to 4g? I was told it was 4g but I've never seen it connected to it. Kind of a piss off.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1741 View Post
Anyone ever see your phone connect to 4g? I was told it was 4g but I've never seen it connected to it. Kind of a piss off.

Depends on your definition of 4G, the GT-I9100 variants are not capable of LTE so if that's your definition then you'll never get 4G. Bell defines 4G as HSPA and HSPA+ which is really 3.5G, the I9100 is capable of 21mbps HSPA which makes it 4G according to Bell, this will show up as H or H+ depending on what ROM you're using.

XDA New User Guide <--> XDA Forum Rules <--> Need a Moderators Help?
Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs
Current Project: m_plus kernel for mako: [4.2.2] [4.3 (JS)] [4.4]

adam1741
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Oh okay. Makes sense. I figured since they said it was 4g I should see the icon. Oh well.

Anyone know the best csc/modem to use for Alberta in the Calgary area?

RoRo1990
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Hey can someone recommend me a modem i'm currently using the stock one that comes with the lp3
PDA: XWLP3| Modem/phone: XXLPR| CSC: OXALPQ

I am getting really poor reception for example the other party can barely hear my voice. I'm using an bell i9100m and on rogers network in Ontario, Toronto thanks!

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Modems are typically a try and see thing, I've had success with XXKI4 and XXKI3 but your results may vary, as for modems shipped with ICS Ive had the best luck with XXLPS. My advice, flash some do some testing and see which gives you the best data speeds, reception, etc... Generally newer is better but not always as it does vary based on the towers in your area.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs

RoRo1990
Old
(Last edited by RoRo1990; 8th April 2012 at 07:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin View Post
Modems are typically a try and see thing, I've had success with XXKI4 and XXKI3 but your results may vary, as for modems shipped with ICS Ive had the best luck with XXLPS. My advice, flash some do some testing and see which gives you the best data speeds, reception, etc... Generally newer is better but not always as it does vary based on the towers in your area.

Searched that thread with modems cant seem to find xxki4 or xxlps. Also is there an app that tests the reception/ping of modem?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1131950

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5812

DONATE TO ME
Sadly I'm away from my pc so I can't get to my modem collection, but they should all be in the modem thread in the original dev section. I use speed test from the market to look at ping/speed, reception is more just looking at the signal reported in the phone status.

Edit: they arent all linked in the first couple of posts, dig around in the thread and they should be there. LPS is probably in the last couple of pages.

The Following User Says Thank You to thracemerin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cipzz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hey, after 1 month of using this phone, i relialize that my phone has a yellow tint or what is the name of the problem. idk the name. when i see grey, that will be yellowish. i have read other post about this, and they suggest to use voodoo screen tune. but the link is broken.

is there some1 that have voodoo screentune, pls upload it

thanks

Tags
bell, modem, root, unlock, virgin