Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

SGS2 Canadian Thread (Bell/Virgin/Sasktel/Rogers) Root/Unlock/Firmware/Modems/Mods

OP KayvinM

20th April 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #1391  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 14,957

4,404 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadokai

Okay so i installed the rom, realized it has no google market/play app or anything so went and downloaded google apps

installed, and then soon as i start using phone, "android keyboard" force close comes up.

I tried installing different version of gapps. I also tried flashing again, wiping everything but still no dice. Soon as i install gapps android keyboard error comes up.

And i need the gapps pack in order to have google market... so... what do i do?

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Also, another problem i'm having is.. whenever i use the phone, soon as it connects the screen goes black. I can hear and converse but lose complete functionality of the device..

i usually have to restart the phone

I have none of those issues.(there's no issues at all with this rom) Which version of Hydro did you install? Did you install custom rom? If you need more help let me know or PM me. This is very unsual for the keyboard to foreclose.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by meboy

I don't understand why anyone uses all these screwed up custom ROM's. They all have issues.

Just get the stock LP7 from the link I posted in this response.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1386

First of all, it's not screwed up and second of all, there are No issues if it's done properly. And finally the main reason: I hate TouchWiz. Never used it, and never will be in the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to bajee11 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #1392  
Thanks Meter: 5

83 posts
More
I think the thousands of threads started stating issues with customs ROM's (and early stock ROM's to be fair) would say otherwise.

Nothing against your's in paticular.
But I like my phone to work so I wait for a solid stock ROM.
20th April 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #1393  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 5,823

5,458 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by meboy

I don't understand why anyone uses all these screwed up custom ROM's. They all have issues.

Just get the stock LP7 from the link I posted in this response.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1386

The main issue with custom ROMs is that they are at least somewhat experimental in nature so they will have some (generally minor) issues, most of the issues however are caused by users who don't read the instructions before they flash and end up with problems or they are Android rookies who probably shouldn't be flashing anything without doing research and reading on how Android really works.
20th April 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #1394  
Thanks Meter: 1

104 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajee11

I have none of those issues.(there's no issues at all with this rom) Which version of Hydro did you install? Did you install custom rom? If you need more help let me know or PM me. This is very unsual for the keyboard to foreclose.[COLOR="Silver"]
e.

Hey I pm'd you! please check. thanks!
22nd April 2012, 07:02 PM   |  #1395  
Thanks Meter: 4

70 posts
More
Yesterday, I flashed my virgin SGS2 to ICS4.0.3 with I9100XWLP7 per
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...20&postcount=1

Everything went not too bad so far, just noticed ICS needs more ram than previous 2.3.3. Sometimes it is not very stable...

Still testing on...
22nd April 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #1396  
Flag Okanagan

103 posts
More
So is there a difference in modems on ICS? I see most roms are running LPQ. Anyone know if that's going to be the best for British Columbia? My assumption is until we get a Bell stock rom they're all going to be pretty close to the same.
22nd April 2012, 11:04 PM   |  #1397  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto

5,458 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianrider

So is there a difference in modems on ICS? I see most roms are running LPQ. Anyone know if that's going to be the best for British Columbia? My assumption is until we get a Bell stock rom they're all going to be pretty close to the same.

I've been using LPS with pretty good results with CM9 here in Ottawa, before that I was using Bell's KG2, I can't say there was a significant difference. Modems are one of those things where there really isn't a "best", there is best for you and the only way to determine that is to test a few. As for Bell ICS, there is a fairly good chance there will never be one so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for that.
22nd April 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #1398  
Flag Okanagan

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin

I've been using LPS with pretty good results with CM9 here in Ottawa, before that I was using Bell's KG2, I can't say there was a significant difference. Modems are one of those things where there really isn't a "best", there is best for you and the only way to determine that is to test a few. As for Bell ICS, there is a fairly good chance there will never be one so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for that.

do you have a link to the LPS modem? cwm flashable..
22nd April 2012, 11:13 PM   |  #1399  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Toronto

5,458 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianrider

do you have a link to the LPS modem? cwm flashable..

Try here: http://www.veyka.co.uk/radios/
The Following User Says Thank You to thracemerin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2012, 03:50 AM   |  #1400  

24 posts
is the ressurection remix a good ROM?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bell, modem, root, unlock, virgin
Previous Thread Next Thread