Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,336 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGS2 Canadian Thread (Bell/Virgin/Sasktel/Rogers) Root/Unlock/Firmware/Modems/Mods

Tip us?

bajee11
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 14,957

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadokai View Post
Okay so i installed the rom, realized it has no google market/play app or anything so went and downloaded google apps

installed, and then soon as i start using phone, "android keyboard" force close comes up.

I tried installing different version of gapps. I also tried flashing again, wiping everything but still no dice. Soon as i install gapps android keyboard error comes up.

And i need the gapps pack in order to have google market... so... what do i do?

---------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

Also, another problem i'm having is.. whenever i use the phone, soon as it connects the screen goes black. I can hear and converse but lose complete functionality of the device..

i usually have to restart the phone
I have none of those issues.(there's no issues at all with this rom) Which version of Hydro did you install? Did you install custom rom? If you need more help let me know or PM me. This is very unsual for the keyboard to foreclose.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by meboy View Post
I don't understand why anyone uses all these screwed up custom ROM's. They all have issues.

Just get the stock LP7 from the link I posted in this response.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1386
First of all, it's not screwed up and second of all, there are No issues if it's done properly. And finally the main reason: I hate TouchWiz. Never used it, and never will be in the future.

|| AOKP Device Maintainer I9100/I9100G/I747(AT&T S3)

|| Android Open Kang Project I9100 | I9100G | I747

|| Vanilla RootBox JB AOKP I9100 | I9100G | I9300 | I747 | T999 | I535 | Nexus 4 | Nexus 7

|| Vanilla RootBox Support Thread I9100/I9100G | d2att/d2tmo/d2vzw

|| Follow RootBox on Twitter | Facebook | G+ | Github | RootBox Blog
The Following User Says Thank You to bajee11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

meboy
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I think the thousands of threads started stating issues with customs ROM's (and early stock ROM's to be fair) would say otherwise.

Nothing against your's in paticular.
But I like my phone to work so I wait for a solid stock ROM.
S5 Rogers (Alliance ROM) + Tab S 8.4 wi-fi (Need ROOT!)
Must have Apps: Titanium Backup Pro, AdBlock Plus, Samsung Clock, Kaiten Mail, Business Calendar, Business Tasks, Office Calculator, Next Browser, QuickPic, MXPlayer, Snap Camera, RSSDemon, TrackChecker

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,822

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by meboy View Post
I don't understand why anyone uses all these screwed up custom ROM's. They all have issues.

Just get the stock LP7 from the link I posted in this response.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1386
The main issue with custom ROMs is that they are at least somewhat experimental in nature so they will have some (generally minor) issues, most of the issues however are caused by users who don't read the instructions before they flash and end up with problems or they are Android rookies who probably shouldn't be flashing anything without doing research and reading on how Android really works.

XDA New User Guide <--> XDA Forum Rules <--> Need a Moderators Help?
Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs
Current Project: m_plus kernel for mako: [4.2.2] [4.3 (JS)] [4.4]

wadokai
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajee11 View Post
I have none of those issues.(there's no issues at all with this rom) Which version of Hydro did you install? Did you install custom rom? If you need more help let me know or PM me. This is very unsual for the keyboard to foreclose.[COLOR="Silver"]
e.

Hey I pm'd you! please check. thanks!

envying
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yesterday, I flashed my virgin SGS2 to ICS4.0.3 with I9100XWLP7 per
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...20&postcount=1

Everything went not too bad so far, just noticed ICS needs more ram than previous 2.3.3. Sometimes it is not very stable...

Still testing on...

canadianrider
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So is there a difference in modems on ICS? I see most roms are running LPQ. Anyone know if that's going to be the best for British Columbia? My assumption is until we get a Bell stock rom they're all going to be pretty close to the same.
Samsung i9100m
iPhone 4S
Nexus 7

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,822

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianrider View Post
So is there a difference in modems on ICS? I see most roms are running LPQ. Anyone know if that's going to be the best for British Columbia? My assumption is until we get a Bell stock rom they're all going to be pretty close to the same.
I've been using LPS with pretty good results with CM9 here in Ottawa, before that I was using Bell's KG2, I can't say there was a significant difference. Modems are one of those things where there really isn't a "best", there is best for you and the only way to determine that is to test a few. As for Bell ICS, there is a fairly good chance there will never be one so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for that.

Problems with a CM nightly? PSA - Nightlies <--> Request from DvTonder <--> How to get Logs

canadianrider
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thracemerin View Post
I've been using LPS with pretty good results with CM9 here in Ottawa, before that I was using Bell's KG2, I can't say there was a significant difference. Modems are one of those things where there really isn't a "best", there is best for you and the only way to determine that is to test a few. As for Bell ICS, there is a fairly good chance there will never be one so I wouldn't hold out too much hope for that.
do you have a link to the LPS modem? cwm flashable..
Samsung i9100m
iPhone 4S
Nexus 7

thracemerin
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,822

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianrider View Post
do you have a link to the LPS modem? cwm flashable..
Try here: http://www.veyka.co.uk/radios/

The Following User Says Thank You to thracemerin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jensonrphillips
Old
Thanks Meter 1
is the ressurection remix a good ROM?

Tags
bell, modem, root, unlock, virgin