[Q] sgs2 i9100t

6th February 2014, 06:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
hi guys and gals, can anyone point me in the right direction? looking to root my sgs2 kernel version: 3.0.31-889696 dpi@DELL145 #3 SMP PREEMPT KST 2013, but cant find my kernel version anywhere on the forum, was told to use CF-Root-SGS2_ZS_OZS_KF4-v4.0-CWM4.zip but my phone wouldn't restart, just sat on the samsung screen with the yellow triangle, have recovered phone from this screen with PhilZ-cwm6-DVLSH-NZL-5.08.5.tar.md5 and seems to work fine, the reason i want to root is my phones system memory fills up by itself and the only way to alleviate the problem is to factory reset, but was told if i root the phone there is a setting to fix this problem. any help is appreciated. thanks
6th February 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag East Maitland, NSW
Thanks Meter: 192

533 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-un-savy

hi guys and gals, can anyone point me in the right direction? looking to root my sgs2 kernel version: 3.0.31-889696 dpi@DELL145 #3 SMP PREEMPT KST 2013, but cant find my kernel version anywhere on the forum, was told to use CF-Root-SGS2_ZS_OZS_KF4-v4.0-CWM4.zip but my phone wouldn't restart, just sat on the samsung screen with the yellow triangle, have recovered phone from this screen with PhilZ-cwm6-DVLSH-NZL-5.08.5.tar.md5 and seems to work fine, the reason i want to root is my phones system memory fills up by itself and the only way to alleviate the problem is to factory reset, but was told if i root the phone there is a setting to fix this problem. any help is appreciated. thanks

Take a look at my Helper Post, link is in my signature below...
The Following User Says Thank You to djshotty For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshotty

Take a look at my Helper Post, link is in my signature below...

thanks for your reply, and sorry in advance for the noob question, but there are so many kernel versions to choose from and mine looks nothing like any of the others, could you possibly post a link to the right file for my phone? baseband:i9100tdvls3 kernel version:3.0.31-889696dpi@dell145#3smp preempt mon feb 18 kst 2013, its not CF-Root-SGS2_ZS_OZS_KF4-v4.0-CWM4.zip, or am i doing something wrong?
7th February 2014, 07:02 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3,206

7,088 posts
You're not reading the CFRoot thread carefully enough for starters (you also don't revive an old thread & ask the same thing you've already asked in this thread you've created). Flash a custom kernel like Siyah or even PhilZ. Which version ? Read the Siyah or PhilZ threads to determine which version you need to flash for the Android version you're currently running.

If you still really want to use CFRoot, read the section under the bit in bold red that says 'Help! Which file do I use ?'. Read it a number of times. Carefully. There's no trickery or ambiguous language involved. It's really very simple to choose the kernel you need from there (The only hint I'm giving you: It doesn't have to be an exact match with your current kernel/build number).
Last edited by MistahBungle; 7th February 2014 at 12:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th February 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #5  
Flag East Maitland, NSW
Thanks Meter: 192

533 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech-un-savy

thanks for your reply, and sorry in advance for the noob question, but there are so many kernel versions to choose from and mine looks nothing like any of the others, could you possibly post a link to the right file for my phone? baseband:i9100tdvls3 kernel version:3.0.31-889696dpi@dell145#3smp preempt mon feb 18 kst 2013, its not CF-Root-SGS2_ZS_OZS_KF4-v4.0-CWM4.zip, or am i doing something wrong?

Nah, just follow the instructions in my Helper Post to get a custom and rooted Jellybean ROM running on your device. If you want to move along to Kit Kat there's specific methods to follow, and those methods are outlined by the guy or gal that cooked the ROM you wish to try...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread