Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswar89 View Post
Please Help Me
My sgs2 cannot read the sim and it always in airplan mode
Imei : unknown
BaseBand: Unknown
please please please Give The answer that solve this problem
insert the sim properly with the golden plates down and the cut end outward. Then go to settings>>>wireless>>> untick the flight mode.

dyallo
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I think it's broken
Samsung GT-I9305 LTE 16GB,

ROM: Trying to revert to stock.

LiFE1688
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Try reflashing back with the original stock rom.

It looks to me the baseband is not installed properly, and therefore unable to access IMEI, without a working baseband, you are unable to access the phone portion.

It could also be that the nv_data.bin file is damaged due to a bad sim unlock hack. If that is so, you will have to rebuild that file.

Again, try reflashing back to original stock rom, before trying to rebuild the nv_data.bin.

AnttiV
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
(Sorry to resurrect old-ish topic, but I think it's better to continue here than to make a new one.)

Same problem here, except the only custom thing I've ever run on this phone, is apps from market. I'm running SPB Shell 3D (legal version, but not through Android Market but the other thing SPB was selling their programs through... Handango? Not that it matters.)

The phone has been running ALMOST perfectly since day one. I can only remember two occasions that the phone was in "no reception" mode (the O with slash through it) and toggling Flight Mode on and then off fixed it both times before.

However, yesterday I noticed the icon again, thought nothing of it and switched Flight Mode on. It never went back on again. Googling the problem I bumped into the imei/baseband thing and sure as not, when checking my phone's data there is "unknown" in the baseband version and IMEI is empty.

Trying to enter Mobile Networks settings results in "insert sim" notification.

The phone is (OS-wise) completely stock, I think the only thing I have ever done to it since then was to update it to 2.3.5 via KIES when it became available.

Phone is unbranded and not simlocked and never was. The only alterations are the aforementioned SPB Shell 3D and WidgetLocker. And of course a bunch of "normal" apps, games and such.

I placed a call (which went unanswered for all it matters), then after a short while (five minutes or so) noticed the "no reception" -icon. Then all went to hell.

Tried with three different SIM cards, none work on this phone, all work on other phones. Currently SIM working in Galaxy Gio.

I plan to take the phone to repairs under warranty, I'll let you know what they say and what happens to the phone if I remember.
--
Sony Xperia Z Ultra (Sony 4.3)
HTC One (HTC 4.3)
Apple iPhone 5 (iOS 7, Jailbroken)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Samsung 4.0.4)
Nokia Lumia 710 (Rataplan v5.0 WP7.8)
Apple iPad (iOS 7)
--
Misc: Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC Hero, XCover

pandaradu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default help!

I have the same problem. The phone is 5 weeks old. I dont know what happened afternight with it :(

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandaradu View Post
I have the same problem. The phone is 5 weeks old. I dont know what happened afternight with it :(

READ the restore IMEI restore EFS posts but first backup data and try a factory reset .

jje

AnttiV
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
In my case, it was perhaps a bit more extreme. I sent it to the repair shop under warranty, it came back practically new. They had changes most of the innards, including the motherboard. Something had apparently shorted itself and cleared some chip. Hadn't gotten anything more specific out of them and I've even sold the phone since then and got this Galaxy Note.

Sent from my GT-N7000
--
Sony Xperia Z Ultra (Sony 4.3)
HTC One (HTC 4.3)
Apple iPhone 5 (iOS 7, Jailbroken)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 (Samsung 4.0.4)
Nokia Lumia 710 (Rataplan v5.0 WP7.8)
Apple iPad (iOS 7)
--
Misc: Samsung Galaxy Tab, HTC Hero, XCover

DMLING
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My SGS2 has this problem too after update to 2.3.6.. I did factory reset... I flashed it back to stock 2.3.3 firmware.. problem still cant solve.. any idea? pls help me..

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLING View Post
My SGS2 has this problem too after update to 2.3.6.. I did factory reset... I flashed it back to stock 2.3.3 firmware.. problem still cant solve.. any idea? pls help me..

Restore your backed up EFS folder .

If you did not read the guides and follow instructions .

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...84&postcount=7

IMEI.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1372169

jje