Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,222 Members 45,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is media server drain dependent on ROM? If so, share your experiences.

Tip us?

AndroidReborn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [Q] Is media server drain dependent on ROM? If so, share your experiences.

As title says, does the media server drain while listening to offline music dependent on the ROM we are using? If so, then what are your results using different ROMs?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Hopper8
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2142
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidReborn View Post
As title says, does the media server drain while listening to offline music dependent on the ROM we are using? If so, then what are your results using different ROMs?

Hey mate, not sure you're in the right place? It says you sent that from a nexus 4...

Anyway, I find that music playing drain is dependent on the music player itself rather than the ROM. For example, for me, doubletwist used approximately double the battery usage per hour as Apollo music player. Have a go with a few different players, if you're concerned with battery then find a minimal player and test.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away

AndroidReborn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper8 View Post
Hey mate, not sure you're in the right place? It says you sent that from a nexus 4...

Anyway, I find that music playing drain is dependent on the music player itself rather than the ROM. For example, for me, doubletwist used approximately double the battery usage per hour as Apollo music player. Have a go with a few different players, if you're concerned with battery then find a minimal player and test.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away
Hey there.
I'll try out music players, and waiting for others to reply.
As for the phone thing, I have both of them

AndroidReborn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Bump.

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1690
I dont think so its rom dependent..
Every rom has this
However ... wid gb stock rom mediaserver used to run only for few seconds that to wid percentage (that was quite good n useful)

Bt then since ics... it has been pathetic...just do some modification in gallery and bang the phone starts heating up due to mediaserver running in background... also accompanied by battery drain.. :/
Nokia 1100 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Nokia n95 > Nokia N86 > Htc Touch > Xperia U > Galaxy S2Plus > Galaxy S2 > Galaxy Grand Duos > NEXUS 5

Feel FREE to pm me in case u need technical support (not developer level ) or want any suggestion.