[Q] SlimICS 3.8 signature verification failed

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By jakehake, Junior Member on 30th May 2012, 10:45 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Having an odd error trying to install SlimICS 3.8. I already have 3.7 installed so am rooted, CWM all in place. No matter how I download 3.8 whether via update me, direct from changelog link on slimroms or by downloading on PC and transferring across I without fail get a E: signature verification failed (this despite the UpdateMe checking MD5 etc.)

I've tried via ROM Manager(which I know isn't ideal), booting into SlimICS recovery via power menu, from recovery installing another to boot into that and then attempt a manual install and always with the same outcome.

If I toggle signature verification it starts the install but is done in seconds(even repeating it a couple of times) but is then stuck on boot screen. At this point I always have to revert to my 3.7 backup. Just can't see what differs from my original install which worked fine
30th May 2012, 10:37 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
Finally cracked it, must have been something wrong with recovery from having ROM Manager. Down graded to CM7 then ran 3.8 a couple of times plus essentials and we're back in business. Been a learning circle but glad it's finally fixed, though I bet 3.9 is now round the corner after all that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread