Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Slimsabre - multiple apps stopping

OP rk001

10th June 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
This is my first post on this forum and I am nowhere near as tech savvy as most people on here, so I apologise in advance if anything I post sounds daft or if I have broken any forum rules which I have tried to follow.

I have a Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 which was on Android 4.1.2 and which I am trying to flash to Kitkat with limited success using Slim Sabre.

If I unzip Slim Sabre by itself the phone "works" - I can make calls use internet, text etc, but when I install gapps all I get is messages stating "the android process (name of process) has stopped" - the processes include keyboard, location, calendar and a couple of others. I've tried flashing different versions of gapps, as well as Slimkat but keep getting the same thing.

I would really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction as to what I need to do to get kitkat working on my phone.

Again, my apologies if I have forgotten to include information or breached any rules, and thanks in anticipation for any assistance.

The following is currently what I have on "about phone"

Android version: 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.0.80+ auobuild@slimbuild #1
Slim version: Slim-4.2.2.build.5-OFFICIAL-4068
Build number : slim_i9100-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L 4068 test-keys
11th June 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Update
Just to update, after switching my phone off and on again, the only message now appearing is "android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped". I am not getting any of the other messages for some reason.

I've tried clearing data from Keyboard app as well as dictionary and also tried clearing the cache on both. The cache for the dictionary was at 12 kb and when I pressed the clear cache button nothing happened (though I did get haptic feedback so I know it was pressed).

I've also tried installing LatinIME.APK but it fails to install (I have allowed unknown sources).
Also tried fixin permissions.

I would really appeciate any help and guidance on this - I am very new to all this flashing and rom business as you might guess!

Many thanks
Last edited by rk001; 11th June 2014 at 05:38 PM. Reason: adding steps taken so far
11th June 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Flag MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
Thanks Meter: 8,822

6,925 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk001

Just to update, after switching my phone off and on again, the only message now appearing is "android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped". I am not getting any of the other messages for some reason.

I've tried clearing data from Keyboard app as well as dictionary and also tried clearing the cache on both. The cache for the dictionary was at 12 kb and when I pressed the clear cache button nothing happened (though I did get haptic feedback so I know it was pressed).

I've also tried installing LatinIME.APK but it fails to install (I have allowed unknown sources).
Also tried fixin permissions.

I would really appeciate any help and guidance on this - I am very new to all this flashing and rom business as you might guess!

Many thanks

Reboot to recovery and then Simply reflash the rom zip file once again without any wipe and see
The Following User Says Thank You to Sun90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Thanks for responding. Ive done as you said but still get the same thing.
11th June 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3,208

7,088 posts
Boot into recovery - wipe/factory reset.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Still no joy. Ive read that another cause is flashing the wrong version of android. Does the info ive put in my first post suggest this?
Really do appreciate the help being provided.
12th June 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Just tried iWnn IME but get the same problem if that sheds any light
12th June 2014, 07:38 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Umm... Gone quiet on here! Will it be worthwhile trying a new rom, kernel etc and see if that works or is the problem indicative that nothing will work?
14th June 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Turns out I was using wrong version of gapps. Got the correct one now and all seems to be running OK. However Play is now telling me that Candy Crush is not compatible with my device but it was before. Any ideas what that is all about? I need it to keep me sane at work!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread