Slimsabre - multiple apps stopping

Search This thread
R

rk001

This is my first post on this forum and I am nowhere near as tech savvy as most people on here, so I apologise in advance if anything I post sounds daft or if I have broken any forum rules which I have tried to follow.

I have a Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 which was on Android 4.1.2 and which I am trying to flash to Kitkat with limited success using Slim Sabre.

If I unzip Slim Sabre by itself the phone "works" - I can make calls use internet, text etc, but when I install gapps all I get is messages stating "the android process (name of process) has stopped" - the processes include keyboard, location, calendar and a couple of others. I've tried flashing different versions of gapps, as well as Slimkat but keep getting the same thing.

I would really appreciate it if someone can point me in the right direction as to what I need to do to get kitkat working on my phone.

Again, my apologies if I have forgotten to include information or breached any rules, and thanks in anticipation for any assistance.

The following is currently what I have on "about phone"

Android version: 4.4.2
Kernel version: 3.0.80+ auobuild@slimbuild #1
Slim version: Slim-4.2.2.build.5-OFFICIAL-4068
Build number : slim_i9100-userdebug 4.4.2 KVT49L 4068 test-keys

R

rk001

Update

Just to update, after switching my phone off and on again, the only message now appearing is "android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped". I am not getting any of the other messages for some reason.

I've tried clearing data from Keyboard app as well as dictionary and also tried clearing the cache on both. The cache for the dictionary was at 12 kb and when I pressed the clear cache button nothing happened (though I did get haptic feedback so I know it was pressed).

I've also tried installing LatinIME.APK but it fails to install (I have allowed unknown sources).
Also tried fixin permissions.

I would really appeciate any help and guidance on this - I am very new to all this flashing and rom business as you might guess!

Many thanks

Last edited:

Sun90

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 1, 2011
MYSORE - KARNATAKA - INDIA
Just to update, after switching my phone off and on again, the only message now appearing is "android keyboard (AOSP) has stopped". I am not getting any of the other messages for some reason.

I've tried clearing data from Keyboard app as well as dictionary and also tried clearing the cache on both. The cache for the dictionary was at 12 kb and when I pressed the clear cache button nothing happened (though I did get haptic feedback so I know it was pressed).

I've also tried installing LatinIME.APK but it fails to install (I have allowed unknown sources).
Also tried fixin permissions.

I would really appeciate any help and guidance on this - I am very new to all this flashing and rom business as you might guess!

Many thanks

Reboot to recovery and then Simply reflash the rom zip file once again without any wipe and see :)

R

rk001

Thanks for responding. Ive done as you said but still get the same thing.

R

rk001

Still no joy. Ive read that another cause is flashing the wrong version of android. Does the info ive put in my first post suggest this?
Really do appreciate the help being provided.

R

rk001

Just tried iWnn IME but get the same problem if that sheds any light

R

rk001

Umm... Gone quiet on here! Will it be worthwhile trying a new rom, kernel etc and see if that works or is the problem indicative that nothing will work?

R

rk001

Turns out I was using wrong version of gapps. Got the correct one now and all seems to be running OK. However Play is now telling me that Candy Crush is not compatible with my device but it was before. Any ideas what that is all about? I need it to keep me sane at work!!