[Q] Social Hub sucks?

OP acana79

18th April 2012, 10:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
What happened to the Social Hub? I just upgraded to 4.0.3 and the new Social Hub really sucks. I have 4 different email accounts and now I can't get a good overview of my emails. Everything is just shown under messages and there is no option for viewing different types of email accounts.
I want to click on Social Hub. Then a list of my different email account should appear where I can then click on the account I want to access. I want it like it was before; productive, efficient and easily viewed.
Now when I click on the Hub icon it takes me to Feeds instantly and I can't change the standard view. WTF!

Anyone with some good ideas on how to get the old Social Hub behavior back?
18th April 2012, 11:39 PM   |  #2  

1 posts
I agree whole heartedly that Samsung Social Hub sucks. Like you, having just updated to ICS on my Galaxy S2 I find that it is not possible to set up my PlusNet e-mail account simply because there is nowhere to enter a "Username" which is different from the "Email address" and is required to be entered to be able to log into the account. As a for instance the e-mail address is 'mail@username.plus.com' all I need to be able to log into the account is the 'username' portion. It is only because I took a backup of my Email account information before the update that I am able to access this account on ICS.

I had noticed before, on Gingerbread, that the setup of e-mail accounts was a little restrictive in the configuration options and I had hoped that things were going to improve on ICS, but this is a big step backwards as far as I am concerned.

Am I missing something? Are there some further hidden options anywhere? This is an obvious area for improvement me thinks.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

Ah ok, I take it all back. I have found the hidden settings. If you uncheck "Push notifications" then the "Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync" button changes to "Manual setup". Pressing this allows you to enter the elusive username that I was struggling with before.
1st June 2012, 12:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Downgraded from 4.0.3 back to 2.3.5 with Launcher Pro and Extended Controls. Everything back to normal and I can once again use the phone for business/working.
4.0 seems to me like it was designed for kids who only care about social networking. Next phone is (I can't believe I'm saying this) a Windows Mobile phone, preferably with a fixed keyboard to boost efficiency and productivity in terms of typing.
1st June 2012, 01:53 PM   |  #4  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 516

1,835 posts
Donate to Me
More
are you trolling?
you plan to go to windows mobile?
yeah, good luck with that.

but in all seriousness, you are right about the social hub being better on gingerbread. i really liked it, back when i was using stock rom. now i am on a custom aosp rom, so i can't check currently, but couldn't you just use the email app, instead of the social hub, if you want to use email efficiently and do not use social networking?
or try a 3rd party email app like k9 email?
Last edited by Chef_Tony; 1st June 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread