Old
(Last edited by Dwars; 21st December 2013 at 12:03 AM.) Reason: Solved
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up [SOLVED]Flashing CWM recovery on S2

Quote:
HI

I have Galaxy s2 with android 2.3.5. I want flash OMNI 4.4 rom on it..but before that I want to flash latest CWM recovery on my S2. And also my S2 doesn't have root access So the problem is

Can I flash latest CWM recovery when my S2 have android 2.3.5. ? or should I update official ICS from OTA before flash ?

(I'm planning to use ODIN to flash CWM)

thanks
Step 1 - flash CF kernel which is appropriate to ur baseband with Odin
Step 2- Flash cutom rom what ever u want
Step 3 - Flash Gapps..

Thats all
Phone -Samsung galaxy S2 -GT-I9100
Version - Unknown

Laptop - HP G62
OS - Win 8

immortalneo
Old
(Last edited by immortalneo; 20th December 2013 at 01:52 PM.) Reason: Typo correction
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1559
You can flash CWM and then the custom ROM now itself, without upgrading to ICS. Just make sure you flash the correct rooted kernel for your baseband version. Don't directly flash any CWM or use ROM manager. Good luck!

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | ROM: Omega v23 - XWLSN - 4.1.2 | Theme: Crussader's JB Reloaded v1.07 | Kernel: PhilZ v4.93.6 | Baseband: I9100DDLS9
Life's kinda busy. So you won't be seeing much of me. Still I'm available via PM.

Dwars
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo View Post
You can flash CWM and then the custom ROM now itself, without upgraing to ICS. Just make sure you flash the correct rooted kernel for your baseband version. Don't directly flash any CWM or use ROM manager. Good luck!
My details

Baseband version - I9100BUKI1

Kernal Version - 2.6.35.7-I9100BUKJ3-CL647431 root@dell155#2

Build number - GINGERBREAD.BUKJ3

So can anyone give me correct CWM recovery to my S2 ? (I just want to flash kitkat rom.. )
Phone -Samsung galaxy S2 -GT-I9100
Version - Unknown

Laptop - HP G62
OS - Win 8

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3017
And you can't search for this why exactly ? You've been here more than long enough to know how things work.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kestrel5915
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Flash Gustavo's kernel first and then follow instructions on the omni thread for flashing as a first time user.

Search around and you will find everything here itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to kestrel5915 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

celderic
Old
Thanks Meter 150
I'd suggest flashing the latest stock rom via Odin, ms1 I believe. Then flash philz kernel. Then boot into recovery, (while your new rom cwm zips are on your SD card) format system, preload, data and cache. Then flash the omni rom zip, and the correct gapps, and any other mods you would like.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to celderic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]