Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[solved]Root installed, but can't replace 3e with cwm

Tip us?
 
pag-r
Old
(Last edited by pag-r; 16th February 2014 at 01:36 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default [solved]Root installed, but can't replace 3e with cwm

Hi.
Im kinda new with root, cwm and roms. But I've stucked in with one thing. I've got i9100 intl. I've wanted to install CM10.2 but, anytime i try to replace 3e with cwm, after reboot still 3e starts, so I can't go any further. In mid 2013 I've replaced old 4.0.4ICS with noncarrier XEO (Poland) 4.1.2 Samsung orginal. I've used Odin, and everything works fine. But now I would like to learn more about roms, but can't, couse cwm won't replace orginal 3e. If I did something wrong, please point me.
 
bhavstech
Old
#2  
bhavstech's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 224
Posts: 785
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pag-r View Post
Hi.
Im kinda new with root, cwm and roms. But I've stucked in with one thing. I've got i9100 intl. I've wanted to install CM10.2 but, anytime i try to replace 3e with cwm, after reboot still 3e starts, so I can't go any further. In mid 2013 I've replaced old 4.0.4ICS with noncarrier XEO (Poland) 4.1.2 Samsung orginal. I've used Odin, and everything works fine. But now I would like to learn more about roms, but can't, couse cwm won't replace orginal 3e. If I did something wrong, please point me.
install dorimanx kernel v8.43 via odin
If i helped you ,you know where the Thanks button is!
The Following User Says Thank You to bhavstech For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pag-r
Old
(Last edited by pag-r; 16th February 2014 at 09:53 AM.) Reason: dorinmax kernel installed
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default 24064552635

Ok. I will try, but what if I would like to test cm? Is this mean I can't install cwm recovery at all? Im new, like I've wrote, but not new in Linux. I thought that, if I can install cwm recovery that I would install anyrom I wish. But I will try with dorinmanx anyway.
//edit
Kernel installed successfully. Does it mean, I can try to install cwm recovery or CM? How to remove yellow triangle which appears on the start?
 
Aello
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 32
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Rome
Quote:
Originally Posted by pag-r View Post
Kernel installed successfully. Does it mean, I can try to install cwm recovery or CM?
Along with the kernel you should have a custom recovery installed, now, and proceed to mount any custom ROM you want to try out.

Quote:
How to remove yellow triangle which appears on the start?
Quote:
Q4: When I turn my phone on, I see a yellow triangle. What is it and how can I get rid of it?
It will appear if you have flashed a non-official kernel from download mode. If you flash kernels using CWM recovery, Mobile Odin etc. you won't get this yellow triangle.
The easiest ways to remove it are to use the app Triangle Away OR use a USB Jig.
 
pag-r
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Thanks for help. Installing dorimanx kernel with cwm gives me oportunity to test CM and many others. Actually I need to export/import full contact list and text messages from stock to CM or any other rom and lastly be happy to use random rom.
Thanks again.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes