Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 45,126 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stock 4.1.2 battery life with DS Battery Saver and Greenify

Tip us?

Flashvetrin
Old
Thanks Meter 448

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfire74 View Post
So I Odin my stock firmware, install CWM and then restore backup via CWM. Isn't Nand Backup a sort of partition image? That way it should be restored no matter what firmware you're on, as It should clear entire memory and replace it with your backup. That's how it works on PC
Long story short if you want to go back to GB 2.3.6 after you flash jb you must find a vers of GB 2.3.6. that's usable in PC Odin to flash in PC Odin
For GB 2.3.6. I'm almost certain if you try and restore a nandroid backup of your phone in recovery while on your newly flashed jb rom of GB 2.3.6 you'll get stuck in a boot loop. [emoji33] look on Google about it..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

New sig to come soon stay tuned

blackfire74
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1drummernamedmarcus View Post
Long story short if you want to go back to GB 2.3.6 after you flash jb you must find a vers of GB 2.3.6. that's usable in PC Odin to flash in PC Odin
For GB 2.3.6. I'm almost certain if you try and restore a nandroid backup of your phone in recovery while on your newly flashed jb rom of GB 2.3.6 you'll get stuck in a boot loop. [emoji33] look on Google about it..

Of course I already have a stock firmware stored on my PC, so I can do it.
Back to topic, is it worth try or as they say battery will drain really fast on JB?

Flashvetrin
Old
Thanks Meter 448

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Of course I already have a stock firmware stored on my PC, so I can do it.
Back to topic, is it worth try or as they say battery will drain really fast on JB?
I would say its based on the ROM the more bells and whistles the more usage. But to make a blanket statement of jb would be vague and unfair there are some great devs who put out killer stuff. I ran shostock ROM on my Att S2 killer ROM great battery life awsome features. Thanks shoee..[emoji2][emoji106] but it depends on what you do and what you want.. And like I said read up on the forums of what users are saying and try and find a rom and custom kernel that will allow you to make small adjustments of the device and see how it goes. Use better battery stats and see what pulls on the battery and Google those findings. [emoji4][emoji109] flash away.. [emoji111]and no worries..

blackfire74
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I would say its based on the ROM the more bells and whistles the more usage. But to make a blanket statement of jb would be vague and unfair there are some great devs who put out killer stuff. I ran shostock ROM on my Att S2 killer ROM great battery life awsome features. Thanks shoee..[emoji2][emoji106] but it depends on what you do and what you want.. And like I said read up on the forums of what users are saying and try and find a rom and custom kernel that will allow you to make small adjustments of the device and see how it goes. Use better battery stats and see what pulls on the battery and Google those findings. [emoji4][emoji109] flash away.. [emoji111]and no worries..

OK topic closed... I guess...

blackfire74
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is there a Shostock Jb for i9100? I found only for i777 or something, means for ATT version of S2.

Flashvetrin
Old
Thanks Meter 448

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK topic closed... I guess...
Let me close our by saying 7-9 days on a phone with a single charge with heavy to moderate usage? Is amazing honestly if that's what your after I'm not sure if you'll find it..

blackfire74
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Let me close our by saying 7-9 days on a phone with a single charge with heavy to moderate usage? Is amazing honestly if that's what your after I'm not sure if you'll find it..

I said I have such battery life using it as just a phone and once or twice a week some wifi or 3g, just few minutes to sync calendar and get apps updates. And airplane mode during nignts, ca. 8-10 hrs per day. That's the magic, hahaha

captaindeep
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Thumbs up use grenify

hey best ans is use greenify with donation package and hibernate system apps also

blackfire74
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaindeep View Post
hey best ans is use greenify with donation package and hibernate system apps also
Did you at least read few posts? That's the point I can't use greenify on GB!!! That's what the whole thread is all about. If you want do give advice you should know what are you talking about. If you don't know my issues how can you give advice? Read the topis and first post then answer. That's how it work.