[Q] Stock GB 2.3.6 task manager widget

Search This thread

blackfire74

Apr 26, 2013
Bytom
Hello, can anyone extract this widget and send it to me by email? I removed it accidentally but I don't wanna re flash whole system and loose all my settings because of that. I suppose it should be apk and odex files. They can be found in one system directory. Please pm me for email. Thanks

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
Hello, can anyone extract this widget and send it to me by email? I removed it accidentally but I don't wanna re flash whole system and loose all my settings because of that. I suppose it should be apk and odex files. They can be found in one system directory. Please pm me for email. Thanks

Why don't you open the flashable zip of your rom? Then you can extract it yourself ;)

Reactions: MistahBungle

blackfire74

Apr 26, 2013
Bytom
I got my firmware downloaded only. It is md5.tar file. Is this what you are talking about or should I download something else?

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
I didn't install anything, just copied apk file from SD card into system/app directory. Odex file can't be replaced. No matter what error, just tell me if I have to run 7ZIP program, pack both files and then flash via CWM?

Reboot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache. Reboot. Maybe that will work.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Christiaan91

Mar 15, 2010
Everywhere
I probably created zip file, signed it and this time widget completely dissapeared from list. Wiped cache etc

You flashed a zip file?
Is the apk file still in system/app? If not just place it there and wipe the caches. Without flashing a file.
BTW I don't know exactly how I make a good flashable zip file. Search and it shouldn't be hard to find and make.

Last edited:

blackfire74

Apr 26, 2013
Bytom
You flashed a zip file?
Is the apk file still in system/app? If not just place it there and wipe the caches. Without flashing a file.
BTW I don't know exactly how I make a good flashable zip file. Search and it shouldn't be hard to find and make.

The thing is it is not possible to just copy system files into proper directory because it returns error that it can't be replaced.

blackfire74

Apr 26, 2013
Bytom
Deleting the old file and then copy the right file doesn't work?

I'm not allowed to delete system files as they are in use and any operation is restricted, even while rooted!

Whatever, I flashed my firmware from scratch and f**k it still won't work because I run Go Launcher Ex which is not compatible with stock widget.

Thread closed...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Why don't you open the flashable zip of your rom? Then you can extract it yourself ;)