No registration required

[Q] Stock samsung email.apk on custom ROM 4.4.2

OP fedehrv

11th March 2014, 06:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello everyone,
I'm new on the forum, i just started using my i9100 with custom ROMs, i tried CM10 once but i didn't like it so i went back to stock JB.
Now when i saw that KitKat was available i just said "why don't i give it a try", so i installed omniROM 4.4.2. So far so good, but what i really miss from the stock samsung ROM is the peak/off-peak schedule for default email application.
I use my corporate email account with the default email app (company policy), but in omniROM there is no schedule option like in the latest stock rom for my phone.
So i thought, well lets look for another stock rom for a samsung phone that has 4.4.2 and take the Email.apk and move it to mine. So i downloaded the stock S4 ROM 4.4.2 and i see that there is no Email.apk but SecEmail.apk, i tried to use that file but it doesn't work (copied on recovery mode), i know that i'm doing it right because i tried before with other versions trying to fix that exchange "cannot connect" bug of kitkat.

So my question is this: is there a way to get "peak/off-peak schedule" feature? where i can get the Email.apk that will do that? or what is different with that secEmail.apk that it doesn't work?

Thanks, and sorry if someone asked this before, i searched everywere but didn't find an answer, i don't know why people doesn't ask "where that feature go? or how can i get it back in non stock roms", i find it one of the most useful features, in fact the first time i went back to stock from CM10, that was the reason why.
11th March 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 301

941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedehrv

Hello everyone,
I'm new on the forum, i just started using my i9100 with custom ROMs, i tried CM10 once but i didn't like it so i went back to stock JB.
Now when i saw that KitKat was available i just said "why don't i give it a try", so i installed omniROM 4.4.2. So far so good, but what i really miss from the stock samsung ROM is the peak/off-peak schedule for default email application.
I use my corporate email account with the default email app (company policy), but in omniROM there is no schedule option like in the latest stock rom for my phone.
So i thought, well lets look for another stock rom for a samsung phone that has 4.4.2 and take the Email.apk and move it to mine. So i downloaded the stock S4 ROM 4.4.2 and i see that there is no Email.apk but SecEmail.apk, i tried to use that file but it doesn't work (copied on recovery mode), i know that i'm doing it right because i tried before with other versions trying to fix that exchange "cannot connect" bug of kitkat.

So my question is this: is there a way to get "peak/off-peak schedule" feature? where i can get the Email.apk that will do that? or what is different with that secEmail.apk that it doesn't work?

Thanks, and sorry if someone asked this before, i searched everywere but didn't find an answer, i don't know why people doesn't ask "where that feature go? or how can i get it back in non stock roms", i find it one of the most useful features, in fact the first time i went back to stock from CM10, that was the reason why.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-1-12-t2607749 you can get it from here
11th March 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavstech

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-1-12-t2607749 you can get it from here

Is that a kitkat rom? looks like JB
11th March 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #4  

941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedehrv

Is that a kitkat rom? looks like JB

yeah its jb rom there is a link for the stock email app in it ,will work kitkat roms!dont use the rom use app
16th May 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #5  

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavstech

yeah its jb rom there is a link for the stock email app in it ,will work kitkat roms!dont use the rom use app

I tried this (installed via CWM on CM11), no luck.I found SecEmail.apk and SecExchange.apk in /system/app but Email do not appear in app tray. Should I remove standard CM Email.apk and Exchange2.apk ?
16th May 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #6  

941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janumix

I tried this (installed via CWM on CM11), no luck.I found SecEmail.apk and SecExchange.apk in /system/app but Email do not appear in app tray. Should I remove standard CM Email.apk and Exchange2.apk ?

y#eah thre are many apps on playstore for email try them
16th May 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #7  
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 1,209

1,995 posts
More
^+1....the above is good advice, there are loads of email apps on playstore......
But as for installing the stock email app on a CM rom.....it ain't ever gonna work.......
This is because the stock email app is a 'system' app, and sysrem apps need the touchwiz framework to function. This framework is (obviously) excluded from CM roms........

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right
16th May 2014, 08:40 PM   |  #8  

29 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithross39

^+1....the above is good advice, there are loads of email apps on playstore......
But as for installing the stock email app on a CM rom.....it ain't ever gonna work.......
This is because the stock email app is a 'system' app, and sysrem apps need the touchwiz framework to function. This framework is (obviously) excluded from CM roms........

My wife says I'm a phone geek....She's probably right

Indeed but not so many that correctly works in corporate environment (M$ Exchange). In fact Samsung did quite good job extending his Email.apk with some features that others miss like:
- S/MIME support
- setup of Exchange auto responder (server side)
- folders browser
etc.
BTW can you advice one with such features ?

@bhavstech
so, your first answer gave me point worth to check ...
16th May 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #9  

941 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janumix

Indeed but not so many that correctly works in corporate environment (M$ Exchange). In fact Samsung did quite good job extending his Email.apk with some features that others miss like:
- S/MIME support
- setup of Exchange auto responder (server side)
- folders browser
etc.
BTW can you advice one with such features ?

@bhavstech
so, your first answer gave me point worth to check ...

actuaaly idk wy i told you to do that actually i was a noob at that time stock appk dont work on cm you need to be on stock rom for that, i dont mail much i dont know about email apps on playstore.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread