Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Help! Phone won't move past 'Samsung' black screen. What do?

OP Leeham93

16th May 2014, 07:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
My phone won't go passed the 'Samsung' black screen. I have tried flashing a stock rom with Odin. I have tried using emergency recovery in KIES but the phone is not being picked up by it. I flashed and rooted the phone to unlock the SIM yesterday and everything was fine until I hard reset it (instead of factory resetting it by accident) because I plan to sell it to a friend on a different network.

I've been at this for nearly 20 hours now following numerous different tutorials and I have no idea what to do now. I am new to this kind of thing but I think I'm definitely out of my depth here. I can still get the phone into download mode so I know it's salvageable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
16th May 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,208

7,088 posts
Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, 3 part firmware linked to in thread, download, flash with Odin (this will wipe your phone). Failure to flash ? Go through the troubleshooting steps in the thread over & over & over (if necessary; all of them, including multiple PC's, if you don't fix it with the info in that thread, you won't be fixing it).

There's no easy fix here; if it's recoverable (and most of these are), they're fixed with perseverance. Those which aren't recoverable are NAND corrupted & require a motherboard replacement to fix.

Edit - Also, I presume we're talking about an I9100 ? If you have any other model, do not flash that 3 part firmware I referred to above, you will brick your phone if you have another device & you flash it.
16th May 2014, 07:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, 3 part firmware linked to in thread, download, flash with Odin (this will wipe your phone). Failure to flash ? Go through the troubleshooting steps in the thread over & over & over (if necessary; all of them, including multiple PC's, if you don't fix it with the info in that thread, you won't be fixing it).

There's no easy fix here; if it's recoverable (and most of these are), they're fixed with perseverance. Those which aren't recoverable are NAND corrupted & require a motherboard replacement to fix.

Edit - Also, I presume we're talking about an I9100 ? If you have any other model, do not flash that 3 part firmware I referred to above, you will brick your phone if you have another device & you flash it.

Wow, thank you for such a quick response! Yes it is an I9100. I should have been clearer. I'll give that a shot before I try anything else then. Thanks again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread