Storage always "Calculating"

Tip us?

zkibz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default Storage always "Calculating"

Hi,

This problem happened to me long time ago and I can't remember when this starts. When I go to Settings - > Storage -> All shows Calculating and nothing happened. It doesn't show the exact memory used.

Anyone can help me on this? I can't find solution

immortalneo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1561
Tried rebooting, waiting for 10 mins and then checking again?

"To err is human, to forgive is divine."
Sent from my SGS II

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | ROM: Omega v23 - XWLSN - 4.1.2 | Theme: Crussader's JB Reloaded v1.07 | Kernel: PhilZ v4.93.6 | Baseband: I9100DDLS9
Life's kinda busy. So you won't be seeing much of me. Still I'm available via PM.

bhavstech
Old
Thanks Meter 157
wipe cache from recovery if still there then clean install the rom if u dont wanna loose data use titanium backup or maybe it may b a bug in the rom u r using

zkibz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Does not work. Still the same. Install new ROM. Fresh install but still the same.

immortalneo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkibz View Post
Does not work. Still the same. Install new ROM. Fresh install but still the same.
Possibly a bug then. Try another app to check storage for now. Also contact the devs of the ROM (or check its thread) to see if others have the same bug.

Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 | ROM: Omega v23 - XWLSN - 4.1.2 | Theme: Crussader's JB Reloaded v1.07 | Kernel: PhilZ v4.93.6 | Baseband: I9100DDLS9
Life's kinda busy. So you won't be seeing much of me. Still I'm available via PM.

zkibz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by immortalneo View Post
Possibly a bug then. Try another app to check storage for now. Also contact the devs of the ROM (or check its thread) to see if others have the same bug.
This is the reply from the dev of my ROM

Quote:
Mediascanner is started... it then reads all your storage to figure out what is apps, media, data, pictures etc etc...

If you have a large number of files or you have a "corrupt" media file somewhere (most likely a "bad" meta data tag)... mediascanner is likely freaking out and getting stuck...

Check the wakelocks/processes with BetterBatteryStats to confirm that it is mediascanner... if so. you'll need to try to isolate the "bad" media files and remove them or fix the meta data (most likely id3 tags in mp3s, but could be bad EXIF data in pictures)
Can you recommend app on how to fix this?
The Following User Says Thank You to zkibz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

immortalneo
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1561
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkibz View Post
This is the reply from the dev of my ROM

Can you recommend app on how to fix this?
Check using your computer.

zkibz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Do we have app that can fix this issue?