FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] out of storage messages again

569 posts
Thanks Meter: 210
 
By corvus.corax, Senior Member on 7th February 2014, 09:25 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
9th February 2014, 06:27 PM |#11  
miguelmflores's Avatar
Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
The 1,97GB internal storage has 1,12GB available. The 11,50GB Internal storage have 0,00B available...
 
 
9th February 2014, 07:14 PM |#12  
Christiaan91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelmflores

The 1,97GB internal storage has 1,12GB available. The 11,50GB Internal storage have 0,00B available...

I find some app data that wasn't deleted after I deleted the app in /sdcard/Android. Maybe you got that too. Made some recovery backups?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
9th February 2014, 07:17 PM |#13  
miguelmflores's Avatar
Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Yeah, I've done many backups in the past, and I've also found many folders of old apps deleted but those folders are still there.
9th February 2014, 08:01 PM |#14  
Christiaan91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelmflores

Yeah, I've done many backups in the past, and I've also found many folders of old apps deleted but those folders are still there.

Backups takes a lot of space. Delete the ones you don't need anymore. Also the folders of old apps.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
9th February 2014, 08:14 PM |#15  
miguelmflores's Avatar
Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
thanks, and yeah, i did delete the old backups, but there are so many old repeated apps and I don't know which delete now
9th February 2014, 08:41 PM |#16  
Christiaan91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelmflores

thanks, and yeah, i did delete the old backups, but there are so many old repeated apps and I don't know which delete now

Maybe you can use /data/app names to figure out what folders you can delete.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
9th February 2014, 08:50 PM |#17  
miguelmflores's Avatar
Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Thanks, now the last question I guess...

Which folders I should really NOT delete?
9th February 2014, 09:23 PM |#18  
Christiaan91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelmflores

Thanks, now the last question I guess...

Which folders I should really NOT delete?

If I'm right there aren't any system files on the internal storage(sdcard), but some apps do store data there and of course your personal files, like pictures, downloads or maybe music. You can copy all of the data to your pc, so you have a backup.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
9th February 2014, 09:35 PM |#19  
miguelmflores's Avatar
Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Thanks!! Yeah, I'm currently about to delete all those folders. The pictures, videos, music it doesn't even care. !!
About the apps, if I delete those folders, should I just re-install the app if it have some problem?
9th February 2014, 09:48 PM |#20  
Christiaan91's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 289
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelmflores

Thanks!! Yeah, I'm currently about to delete all those folders. The pictures, videos, music it doesn't even care. !!
About the apps, if I delete those folders, should I just re-install the app if it have some problem?

I would advice you to do a backup, just to be sure. You can format the internal sdcard in recovery. After that reboot and the necessary files/folders will be rebuild.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Christiaan91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes