Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,725 Members 37,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in CWM ! NO ADB

Tip us?

Xyloto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Stuck in CWM ! NO ADB

This is my first time rooting my device and all that, I'm still a noob and forever will be.
anyway I followed the normal steps where you download Odin and everything went fine and my phone was still working now I had to update the CWM version to 6.0.4 or something so I downloaded the Kit-Kat compatible zip file and upgraded the version to what I wanted it to be.
Now I read in one of the steps that I need to backup my files and so I did but now I can't recover it and my phone doesn't turn on I'm stuck in CWM I can still see my files on the phone and when I restore it does name the files I already had but my phone does not work just goes black ...so either CWM or a black screen.
My PC does not recognize the phone, Kies doesn't either.
Did I nuke my phone?

nopainwithme
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyloto View Post
This is my first time rooting my device and all that, I'm still a noob and forever will be.
anyway I followed the normal steps where you download Odin and everything went fine and my phone was still working now I had to update the CWM version to 6.0.4 or something so I downloaded the Kit-Kat compatible zip file and upgraded the version to what I wanted it to be.
Now I read in one of the steps that I need to backup my files and so I did but now I can't recover it and my phone doesn't turn on I'm stuck in CWM I can still see my files on the phone and when I restore it does name the files I already had but my phone does not work just goes black ...so either CWM or a black screen.
My PC does not recognize the phone, Kies doesn't either.
Did I nuke my phone?
i can't understand: are you able to access CWM (using the three button combination) or you can't even turn on your phone?
If you can access CWM, go in "mounts and storage" and select "mount USB storage", then connect your phone to the computer and see if it is recognized

Xyloto
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default 1265 9885948

Never mind, I figured it out, thanks anyway

delh01
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi all,

I am in the same situation, but can't figure it out.... I wanted to upgrade to Kitkat so I downloaded Supernexus 4.0 but the install from zip fails everytime I attempt it.. So I'm stuck in the CWM and I don't have a backup ROM to install...

I checked the md5 sum of the ROM, it's ok.
I wipe the /data partition, the cache and the dalvik cache before installing from zip..
I installed the last CWM version (v6.0.4.5).

I don't know what to do next because the only ROM I have in my phone is the supernexus 4.0 which cannot be installed and I cannot mount my phone using "mount USB storage" in CWM, my PC doesn't see the phone mass storage..

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Hervé

nopainwithme
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by delh01 View Post
Hi all,

I am in the same situation, but can't figure it out.... I wanted to upgrade to Kitkat so I downloaded Supernexus 4.0 but the install from zip fails everytime I attempt it.. So I'm stuck in the CWM and I don't have a backup ROM to install...

I checked the md5 sum of the ROM, it's ok.
I wipe the /data partition, the cache and the dalvik cache before installing from zip..
I installed the last CWM version (v6.0.4.5).

I don't know what to do next because the only ROM I have in my phone is the supernexus 4.0 which cannot be installed and I cannot mount my phone using "mount USB storage" in CWM, my PC doesn't see the phone mass storage..

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Hervé
Always keep a working kernel/rom .zip in you internal memory so if you are stuck you don't need to use Odin!
Try to use another USB port or another computer to see if it is recognized, or if you have a MicroSD load a rom on that and insert it in your phone.
if not, you have to use Odin and flash a kernel or rom using the pc.