ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Stuck on firmware logo

OP yssn_l

3rd May 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
More
My brother just gave me a S II for mine to keep but it keeps stuck in the recovery logo for like 10 sec and then it shuts down i downloaded Kies and tried the recovery option but that won't work somebody suggestions?
3rd May 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,208

7,088 posts
Download stock rom for country/carrier (not Android 4.0.4) from Samfirmware, boot into download mode & flash following instructions in stickied thread near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'.

Problems with flashing ? Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General. Simply flashing stock should fix it, but it it still bootloops after flash, boot into recovery & do a factory reset.

Still bootlooping ? Download the 3 part firmware linked in Hopper's thread & flash that with Odin (this will wipe your phone).

If you try all that & still bootloops, post here again.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Download stock rom for country/carrier (not Android 4.0.4) from Samfirmware, boot into download mode & flash following instructions in stickied thread near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'.

Problems with flashing ? Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General. Simply flashing stock should fix it, but it it still bootloops after flash, boot into recovery & do a factory reset.

Still bootlooping ? Download the 3 part firmware linked in Hopper's thread & flash that with Odin (this will wipe your phone).

If you try all that & still bootloops, post here again.

I don't think the device is rooted i tried with kies but the device wont show up
3rd May 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #4  
Local Bubble
Thanks Meter: 129

323 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yssn_l

I don't think the device is rooted i tried with kies but the device wont show up

Did you even tried what @MistahBungle suggested?
No,no root is required to be able to flash via Odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheImpossibleEnemy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

9 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImpossibleEnemy

Did you even tried what @MistahBungle suggested?
No,no root is required to be able to flash via Odin.

O okay i will try it out
3rd May 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

9 posts
More
It won't work because the phone keeps going off i will try charge the phone the whole night
4th May 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

9 posts
More
The device will stay on now i will try the instructions now

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread