FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Stuck on firmware logo

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By yssn_l, Junior Member on 3rd May 2014, 11:34 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
My brother just gave me a S II for mine to keep but it keeps stuck in the recovery logo for like 10 sec and then it shuts down i downloaded Kies and tried the recovery option but that won't work somebody suggestions?

3rd May 2014, 12:18 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,221

More
Download stock rom for country/carrier (not Android 4.0.4) from Samfirmware, boot into download mode & flash following instructions in stickied thread near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'.

Problems with flashing ? Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General. Simply flashing stock should fix it, but it it still bootloops after flash, boot into recovery & do a factory reset.

Still bootlooping ? Download the 3 part firmware linked in Hopper's thread & flash that with Odin (this will wipe your phone).

If you try all that & still bootloops, post here again.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 03:34 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Download stock rom for country/carrier (not Android 4.0.4) from Samfirmware, boot into download mode & flash following instructions in stickied thread near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'.

Problems with flashing ? Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General. Simply flashing stock should fix it, but it it still bootloops after flash, boot into recovery & do a factory reset.

Still bootlooping ? Download the 3 part firmware linked in Hopper's thread & flash that with Odin (this will wipe your phone).

If you try all that & still bootloops, post here again.

I don't think the device is rooted i tried with kies but the device wont show up
3rd May 2014, 03:44 PM |#4  
Local Bubble
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yssn_l

I don't think the device is rooted i tried with kies but the device wont show up

Did you even tried what @MistahBungle suggested?
No,no root is required to be able to flash via Odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheImpossibleEnemy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 04:36 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImpossibleEnemy

Did you even tried what @MistahBungle suggested?
No,no root is required to be able to flash via Odin.

O okay i will try it out
3rd May 2014, 06:36 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

More
It won't work because the phone keeps going off i will try charge the phone the whole night
3rd May 2014, 11:57 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam

More
The device will stay on now i will try the instructions now
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread