Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 40,212 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on firmware logo

Tip us?

yssn_l
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Stuck on firmware logo

My brother just gave me a S II for mine to keep but it keeps stuck in the recovery logo for like 10 sec and then it shuts down i downloaded Kies and tried the recovery option but that won't work somebody suggestions?

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Download stock rom for country/carrier (not Android 4.0.4) from Samfirmware, boot into download mode & flash following instructions in stickied thread near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'.

Problems with flashing ? Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General. Simply flashing stock should fix it, but it it still bootloops after flash, boot into recovery & do a factory reset.

Still bootlooping ? Download the 3 part firmware linked in Hopper's thread & flash that with Odin (this will wipe your phone).

If you try all that & still bootloops, post here again.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yssn_l
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Download stock rom for country/carrier (not Android 4.0.4) from Samfirmware, boot into download mode & flash following instructions in stickied thread near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'.

Problems with flashing ? Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General. Simply flashing stock should fix it, but it it still bootloops after flash, boot into recovery & do a factory reset.

Still bootlooping ? Download the 3 part firmware linked in Hopper's thread & flash that with Odin (this will wipe your phone).

If you try all that & still bootloops, post here again.
I don't think the device is rooted i tried with kies but the device wont show up

TheImpossibleEnemy
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by yssn_l View Post
I don't think the device is rooted i tried with kies but the device wont show up
Did you even tried what @MistahBungle suggested?
No,no root is required to be able to flash via Odin.
GT-i9100
SlimSaber Reborn 4.3.1
Dorimanx 10.43v112
The Following User Says Thank You to TheImpossibleEnemy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yssn_l
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImpossibleEnemy View Post
Did you even tried what @MistahBungle suggested?
No,no root is required to be able to flash via Odin.
O okay i will try it out

yssn_l
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
It won't work because the phone keeps going off i will try charge the phone the whole night

yssn_l
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
The device will stay on now i will try the instructions now