Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Stuck on firmware logo

OP yssn_l

3rd May 2014, 12:34 PM   |  #1  
yssn_l's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
My brother just gave me a S II for mine to keep but it keeps stuck in the recovery logo for like 10 sec and then it shuts down i downloaded Kies and tried the recovery option but that won't work somebody suggestions?
3rd May 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,210
 
7,087 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Download stock rom for country/carrier (not Android 4.0.4) from Samfirmware, boot into download mode & flash following instructions in stickied thread near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'.

Problems with flashing ? Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General. Simply flashing stock should fix it, but it it still bootloops after flash, boot into recovery & do a factory reset.

Still bootlooping ? Download the 3 part firmware linked in Hopper's thread & flash that with Odin (this will wipe your phone).

If you try all that & still bootloops, post here again.
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #3  
yssn_l's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

Download stock rom for country/carrier (not Android 4.0.4) from Samfirmware, boot into download mode & flash following instructions in stickied thread near top of Q&A titled 'Flash stock firmware'.

Problems with flashing ? Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General. Simply flashing stock should fix it, but it it still bootloops after flash, boot into recovery & do a factory reset.

Still bootlooping ? Download the 3 part firmware linked in Hopper's thread & flash that with Odin (this will wipe your phone).

If you try all that & still bootloops, post here again.

I don't think the device is rooted i tried with kies but the device wont show up
3rd May 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #4  
TheImpossibleEnemy's Avatar
Senior Member
Local Bubble
Thanks Meter: 129
 
323 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by yssn_l

I don't think the device is rooted i tried with kies but the device wont show up

Did you even tried what @MistahBungle suggested?
No,no root is required to be able to flash via Odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheImpossibleEnemy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd May 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #5  
yssn_l's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImpossibleEnemy

Did you even tried what @MistahBungle suggested?
No,no root is required to be able to flash via Odin.

O okay i will try it out
3rd May 2014, 07:36 PM   |  #6  
yssn_l's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
It won't work because the phone keeps going off i will try charge the phone the whole night
4th May 2014, 12:57 AM   |  #7  
yssn_l's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
The device will stay on now i will try the instructions now

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes