Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,091 Members 52,696 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Stuck on Samsung logo & yellow triangle disappeared????

Tip us?

shirbo.g
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Stuck on Samsung logo & yellow triangle disappeared????

Hello everyone!

So something weird happened today. My S2 (that was running Avatar ROM jellybean but forgot which version) got a little wet. Just some sprinkle but did get under the battery cover so I dried it off and everything. I booted up my phone but to my surprise the yellow triangle disappeared. It still booted normally and the phone worked perfectly fine.

I then decided to upgrade my rom to the newest kitkat that Avatar had. I did that OTA and installed it. It rebooted itself and it worked fine until I had multiple FCs. So I decided to restart my phone but it never got past the white Samsung logo at the beginning (still no yellow triangle).

I went into recovery mode, wiped cache and dalvik cache, reinstalled the update but still couldn't get past the Samsung logo.

I googled around and some people said to reflash a rom that worked before the problem started so I did just that. Still stuck on Samsung logo.

I'm out of ideas now. Anyone know or can suggest something that I can do?

Thanks in advance!!!

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread; search for it. Flash the 3-part firmware linked in the thread, assuming you have an I9100. If that doesn't work, try everything else in his thread as many times as you need to.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]