Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,333 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Switch circuit board(not lcd/digitizer) bw S2's?

Tip us?

hopskeens
Old
(Last edited by hopskeens; 1st May 2014 at 02:58 AM.) Reason: grammar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Switch circuit board(not lcd/digitizer) bw S2's?

I destroyed my lcd screen on a ntelos sch-r760, I tested switching my circuit board(not sure of the correct term) on a friends r760, powered up and looked exactly like mine(pin, icons, contacts, apps, texts) but I didnt try calling though, internet worked also. So, does that mean I can buy a used one even if the esn is bad, does it even matter which carrier as long as it's a r760 model? It seems the little circuit board that allows the sm card holds the brains of the phone? Thanks for any help/insight, let me know if you need more info.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
As long as it's the same model it should be fine. Might take you a while to source a board though, very few people on here have this phone, I can't imagine spare parts would be as plentiful for, say, the I9100.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

keithross39
Old
(Last edited by keithross39; 1st May 2014 at 08:10 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1183
You could try looking on
parts4repair.com
You might get lucky......

Sent from my Markox/Gustavo_s powered KitKatted S2
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hopskeens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
As long as that little circuit board holds the brains, I'm thinking about finding a used r760 on ebay or cl, even if it has a bad meid/esn or different carrier, as long as it holds a charge and lcd works. Then just swap the circuit boards instead of repairing mine. MistahBungle, you're saying my thought process should work? Thanks again

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
'As long as it's the same model it should be fine' (don't make me post it in size 7 bold italic).
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

hopskeens
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
'As long as it's the same model it should be fine' (don't make me post it in size 7 bold italic).
or...