Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] do i need to flash an older rom before flashing to kitkat

OP JJSJJS

14th June 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #21  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
I flashed the Omni rom and it's working great!

if i install a tool to root and unroot, would'nt it remove the triangle when i unroot it? (framaroot won't unroot it now with this rom, maybe there is an other tool which works with omni rom. I don't want to reflash it again with another rom actually as it works good now.
14th June 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #22  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 115

412 posts
More
AFAIK, you can't unroot your device unless you flash stock rom again. With a custom rom it's simply not possible.
The Following User Says Thank You to banjara For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th June 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #23  
OP Member

31 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjara

AFAIK, you can't unroot your device unless you flash stock rom again. With a custom rom it's simply not possible.

Thanks for letting me know.
I think i'll leave it then the way it is, it don't really bother.
It's working great! Big thumps up to the dev's.
15th June 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #24  
Zlaté Moravce
Thanks Meter: 9

33 posts
well there is still an option to flash an unrooted kernel that is compatible and then try to root it, but dont know if it would remowe that yellow death from start screen caus i newer rly had that problem. Best would be to reset your download mode counter with an USB jig if all other options fail. Then you wont have any yelow triangle there. You may have to plug the jig in and start like this download mode a few times if it dont work on first its also easy to make one home, just need an mikro usb conector + rezistor 301K ohm.
15th June 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #25  
OP Member

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radelos

well there is still an option to flash an unrooted kernel that is compatible and then try to root it, but dont know if it would remowe that yellow death from start screen caus i newer rly had that problem. Best would be to reset your download mode counter with an USB jig if all other options fail. Then you wont have any yelow triangle there. You may have to plug the jig in and start like this download mode a few times if it dont work on first its also easy to make one home, just need an mikro usb conector + rezistor 301K ohm.

Great !
Thanks Radelos. I also saw something like this on youtube with some resistors (3 in series) But it was not said from which pin to which pin it should be connected. Mostly such things are connected from +5V to a data pin or from a data pin to ground. I will google some and see if i can find it exactly.

edit---> ok here http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...inary-t1604707
Last edited by JJSJJS; 15th June 2014 at 08:19 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JJSJJS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread