Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,533 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] do i need to flash an older rom before flashing to kitkat

Tip us?

JJSJJS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I flashed the Omni rom and it's working great!

if i install a tool to root and unroot, would'nt it remove the triangle when i unroot it? (framaroot won't unroot it now with this rom, maybe there is an other tool which works with omni rom. I don't want to reflash it again with another rom actually as it works good now.

banjara
Old
Thanks Meter 104
AFAIK, you can't unroot your device unless you flash stock rom again. With a custom rom it's simply not possible.
Galaxy S2
ROM: C-Rom 7.1
The Following User Says Thank You to banjara For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JJSJJS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjara View Post
AFAIK, you can't unroot your device unless you flash stock rom again. With a custom rom it's simply not possible.

Thanks for letting me know.
I think i'll leave it then the way it is, it don't really bother.
It's working great! Big thumps up to the dev's.

Radelos
Old
Thanks Meter 9
well there is still an option to flash an unrooted kernel that is compatible and then try to root it, but dont know if it would remowe that yellow death from start screen caus i newer rly had that problem. Best would be to reset your download mode counter with an USB jig if all other options fail. Then you wont have any yelow triangle there. You may have to plug the jig in and start like this download mode a few times if it dont work on first its also easy to make one home, just need an mikro usb conector + rezistor 301K ohm.

JJSJJS
Old
(Last edited by JJSJJS; 15th June 2014 at 07:19 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radelos View Post
well there is still an option to flash an unrooted kernel that is compatible and then try to root it, but dont know if it would remowe that yellow death from start screen caus i newer rly had that problem. Best would be to reset your download mode counter with an USB jig if all other options fail. Then you wont have any yelow triangle there. You may have to plug the jig in and start like this download mode a few times if it dont work on first its also easy to make one home, just need an mikro usb conector + rezistor 301K ohm.
Great !
Thanks Radelos. I also saw something like this on youtube with some resistors (3 in series) But it was not said from which pin to which pin it should be connected. Mostly such things are connected from +5V to a data pin or from a data pin to ground. I will google some and see if i can find it exactly.

edit---> ok here http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...inary-t1604707
The Following User Says Thank You to JJSJJS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]