XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Totally dead S2?

Tip us?

p2daz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Totally dead S2?

Ok, I've got a dead S2, showing the Black screen of Death, I can get into Download Mode though.
I have tried flashing new roms and Pit Files with ODIN but whilst everything seems to be working to a point when it just hangs - possibly where it is starting to write to NAND.

I've tried different leads, different versions of Odin, Different PC's different roms etc, spent 2 days trying allsorts basically to no avail.

I have ordered a JIG to see if it helps but don't hold much hope out..

I think the NAND is screwed and needs a JTAG visit.

Any ideas?

MistahBungle
Old
(Last edited by MistahBungle; 1st January 2014 at 05:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3026
JTAG won't work, and what's a jig going to do when you can already get into download mode ? (that's what a jig does; gets you into DL mode) Replace motherboard (give you've tried all the stuff you say you've tried and it hasn't worked) or new phone.

Edit - If it were me though, I'd find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread & try the stuff in the thread over & over given I'd be likely looking at a new phone anyway I.E it can't hurt to try.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

p2daz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I've been through hoppers guide a few times before with no luck...

Resigned myself to the fact it's no good, looking. For a parts phone on eBay.

Thanks for your reply