Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,198 Members 44,498 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tried to Root and Crashed Need help Recovering

Tip us?

xiaokai
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default Tried to Root and Crashed Need help Recovering

Hi All

I tried to root my S2 using the following guide
http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-ro...id-4-1-14-1-2/

everything worked fine, so i thought i would try to update it to 4.4, but i would update CWM.
I tried to do this by downloading CWM Recovery v6.0.4.5 TAR file and installing it via Odin same way as i did in the above guide.
I dont know if that was the wrong thing to do or if something went wrong

Now my phone will not boot and it will only give me the following error
"firmware upgrade encountered an issue please select recovery mode in kies & try again"

I tried to do this buy kies couldnt connect to my phone.

I tried the guide on from this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2365701

But i get the following error in ODIN
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9100XWMS1_I9100XXMS4_I9100NEELS1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I am stuck and do not know what to do, any help please?
Nokia 1800 > Motorola Defy+ > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Asus Fonepad > Motorola RAZR i > Moto G 16GB

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
You need Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' guide in the General section. Search for it. Stuff in the thread should enable you to get a successful Odin flash away & a 'clean slate'.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

ghostman2
Old
Thanks Meter 19
This file MD5 came zipped? If yes unzip with other program than winrar and put on slowest speed..... This error is usually an unzip problem....
1st Phone - Galaxy Y
2nd Phone - Motorola Quench
3nd Phone - Galaxy S II
4th Phone - Lumia 920
5th Phone - Xperia Z1 (3rd change now without touch issues )

xiaokai
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Ty MistahBungle and ghostman2

I tried Hopper8 guide that i found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2345831
Still the same error
Quote:
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Nokia 1800 > Motorola Defy+ > Samsung Galaxy S2 > Asus Fonepad > Motorola RAZR i > Moto G 16GB

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Oh well. Guess it's a service centre job then if you've tried everything.

BTW, I never believe people when they say that here, because in my experience 99.99999999% of them haven't. They're just looking for an easy fix, and there isn't one in this situation.

Now then...Given the alternative involves you either paying a Samsung service centre a not inconsiderable amount of money to put a new motherboard in, or a lot of mucking around on your part to source a 2nd hand board & then either replace it yourself or pay a local mobile repair shop to do it, or getting a new phone, if I were in your situation, I'd be trying everything in that thread, and I'd be trying it over and over and over. Because the experience on here generally is the majority of these things are fixed by perseverance.

However, up to you what you want to do. Your phone.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

xiaokai
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
Oh well. Guess it's a service centre job then if you've tried everything.

BTW, I never believe people when they say that here, because in my experience 99.99999999% of them haven't. They're just looking for an easy fix, and there isn't one in this situation.

Now then...Given the alternative involves you either paying a Samsung service centre a not inconsiderable amount of money to put a new motherboard in, or a lot of mucking around on your part to source a 2nd hand board & then either replace it yourself or pay a local mobile repair shop to do it, or getting a new phone, if I were in your situation, I'd be trying everything in that thread, and I'd be trying it over and over and over. Because the experience on here generally is the majority of these things are fixed by perseverance.

However, up to you what you want to do. Your phone.
I have not tried to .pit update, as i am worried after reading that it will totally break the phone if it does not work.
That is why I am looking for other ways to try before considering .pit thing.

wulsic
Old
Thanks Meter 576
i see epic4g? It might be specific for that device. Try some other odin versions whih are compatible and try it again and dont forget to shut kies off. It causes always problems. As i see its only a soft brick not a hard brick cause its not a nand write error so actually no problem with hardware only need maybe to use the right programs. Never flash.pit file only if it might be your last chance always read if its a nand write error then the most time youre screwed if not then its all fixeable.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
Devices i owned
Htc Elf-Htc Google Nexus One-LG Optimus 2X-Samsung Galaxy S2-LG Nexus4

My status:
HDD Half working :/ Ubuntu went black. Windows first 60FPS with Titanfall now 20-30 with laggspikes to 0FPS Time for a replacement soon..
Phoneless nothing to customize now so bored...

HIT the button
The Following User Says Thank You to wulsic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xiaokai
Old
(Last edited by xiaokai; 19th January 2014 at 08:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wulsic View Post
i see epic4g? It might be specific for that device. Try some other odin versions whih are compatible and try it again and dont forget to shut kies off. It causes always problems. As i see its only a soft brick not a hard brick cause its not a nand write error so actually no problem with hardware only need maybe to use the right programs. Never flash.pit file only if it might be your last chance always read if its a nand write error then the most time youre screwed if not then its all fixeable.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk
OMG thanks, I used v3.07 and it worked.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaokai View Post
OMG thanks, I used v3.07 and it worked.
Which is suggested in Hopper's thread (try different versions of Odin) & proves my point in my earlier post about you being one of those people saying they've tried everything when they haven't. You could have fixed this two days ago if you'd done exactly as I suggested.