Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,156 Members 46,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trouble installing CM-10.1.3 on i9100

Tip us?

mwrmwr
Old
(Last edited by mwrmwr; 21st May 2014 at 11:59 AM.) Reason: Adding phone information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Trouble installing CM-10.1.3 on i9100

Hello,

I have purchased a used i9100. Alas, the USB is not working correctly, because when plugged into any (of 3) computer with any (of more than 3) cables, the results is always 'Unrecognized device' while other household (i9000s) phones are correctly recognized.

Even then I have achieved:
- unlocking the SIM using 'Galaxy S unlock' (with Busybox)
- installing the CWM recovery with manager, effectively providing root access

Of course, these were installed copying down the packages onto the (ext) µSD card and installing from Recovery mode.

At this point, I would like to get rid of the french Bouygues customization, and was unsuccessful in trying:
- to find a stock ROM: I9100XWMS1_I9100NEELS1_NEE.zip refused to install, XEF-I9100XWLSD-20130329.zip hung immediately with a black screen
- to find A CM ROM (all my other Galaxy's are setup with CM), but cm-10.1.3-i9100.zip hung on the rotating wheels which never stopped.

I seem to remember that I should install a plain stock ROM before flashing any CM for other phones.
Is it required? If yes, can I receive some advice on which one? (most of the 100+ web pages I browsed use HOTMAIL as a D/L URL, which does not work at all).

Or better some advice on proceddings is welcome, because I CANNOT USE Odin, so I must be careful to NOT harm the CWM Recovery boot feature.

Thanks and Bravo for the huge amount of work around all these ROMs and stuff!

Marc, from France

Phone information:
Model: GT-I9100
Android: 4.03
Base: I9100XXMS4
Kernel: 3.0.15-I9100XWLPD-CL524746 dpi@DELL145#3
Version: IML74K.XWLPD

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
Not replacing the USB board/port is asking for trouble, and it's a $10 DIY fix. I wouldn't be doing anything to the phone until that was fixed if I were you. If you're modding your phone in any way & something goes wrong (and it does for almost everyone at some stage or another), Odin is often the only way you're fixing it.

KeithRoss39 has a guide in General which has all the info you need to get it done quickly/easily/cheaply (search for 'Replace USB charger board').
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]