No registration required

[Q] Trouble installing CM-10.1.3 on i9100

OP mwrmwr

21st May 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello,

I have purchased a used i9100. Alas, the USB is not working correctly, because when plugged into any (of 3) computer with any (of more than 3) cables, the results is always 'Unrecognized device' while other household (i9000s) phones are correctly recognized.

Even then I have achieved:
- unlocking the SIM using 'Galaxy S unlock' (with Busybox)
- installing the CWM recovery with manager, effectively providing root access

Of course, these were installed copying down the packages onto the (ext) µSD card and installing from Recovery mode.

At this point, I would like to get rid of the french Bouygues customization, and was unsuccessful in trying:
- to find a stock ROM: I9100XWMS1_I9100NEELS1_NEE.zip refused to install, XEF-I9100XWLSD-20130329.zip hung immediately with a black screen
- to find A CM ROM (all my other Galaxy's are setup with CM), but cm-10.1.3-i9100.zip hung on the rotating wheels which never stopped.

I seem to remember that I should install a plain stock ROM before flashing any CM for other phones.
Is it required? If yes, can I receive some advice on which one? (most of the 100+ web pages I browsed use HOTMAIL as a D/L URL, which does not work at all).

Or better some advice on proceddings is welcome, because I CANNOT USE Odin, so I must be careful to NOT harm the CWM Recovery boot feature.

Thanks and Bravo for the huge amount of work around all these ROMs and stuff!

Marc, from France

Phone information:
Model: GT-I9100
Android: 4.03
Base: I9100XXMS4
Kernel: 3.0.15-I9100XWLPD-CL524746 dpi@DELL145#3
Version: IML74K.XWLPD
Last edited by mwrmwr; 21st May 2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Adding phone information
21st May 2014, 02:12 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
Not replacing the USB board/port is asking for trouble, and it's a $10 DIY fix. I wouldn't be doing anything to the phone until that was fixed if I were you. If you're modding your phone in any way & something goes wrong (and it does for almost everyone at some stage or another), Odin is often the only way you're fixing it.

KeithRoss39 has a guide in General which has all the info you need to get it done quickly/easily/cheaply (search for 'Replace USB charger board').
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread