Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 46,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] trouble reverting back to android 4.1.2

Tip us?

woodsie2012
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Clock [Q] trouble reverting back to android 4.1.2

hi guys im having trouble reverting back to android 4.1.2 on my samsung galaxy s2 i9100 i backed up the rom using siyah kernel which i havent had any problems with before but after flashing a s5 themed rom i wanted to revert back just to see if it would work but it said failed to restore preload apps and it got stuck at the pulsing samsung screen.
can anyone please help

dudders007
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsie2012 View Post
hi guys im having trouble reverting back to android 4.1.2 on my samsung galaxy s2 i9100 i backed up the rom using siyah kernel which i havent had any problems with before but after flashing a s5 themed rom i wanted to revert back just to see if it would work but it said failed to restore preload apps and it got stuck at the pulsing samsung screen.
can anyone please help

If the backup was made with siyah and the present kernel isnt it, try flashing only the siyah kernel 1st and then restoring the backed-up ROM after wiping cache n data..

keithross39
Old
Thanks Meter 1,190
When making a backup with some CWM versions, you have to manually enable the backing up of the preload partition. Without the preload data, a restored OS WILL NOT BOOT.
From the symptoms you describe, I believe this is the case here.
If I am right, you have 2 options.....
1) continue to run a custom ROM.
2) start from scratch, and flash a firmware via Odin.
If I am right, any attempts you make to restore your backup with whatever CWM kernel combo you find will continue to result in a non booting phone.....

Sent from my Markox/Gustavo_s powered KitKatted S2
The Following User Says Thank You to keithross39 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]