Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 48,322 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to unlock phone after installing Neatrom

Tip us?

no_lock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to unlock phone after installing Neatrom

So it is that embarrassing time when you have messed up and have to ask for help

So to keep things short and sweet, but still give enough detail:
Phone: SGS2 i9100

Flashed the correct Siyah kernal - ran it for a few days with the stock rom and all was good

Decided to flash a rom and after reading about Neatrom I followed the instructions on Sale's Neatrom page on XDA...

.... all seemed to go OK. Flashed the custom recovery, flashed the rom, flashed the gapps and rebooted.

All seemed to be OK until it fully booted - to the screen where it asked for my pin. I wasn't expecting this, but used the pin I would normally use - didn't work. Tried a few obvious default style pins like 1234, 1111 etc. Nothing worked.

Decided to boot into recovery and flash the nandroid backup I had made, but instead of booting up into CWM it booted in TWRP and I could find the nandroid backup.

Perplexed I tried reflashing the rom - this seemed to go OK, but then when I tried to reboot, the phone got stuck on the Neatrom splash screen.

I feel like an idiot (I guess I am!)

Many thanks for reading and I hope someone is gracious enough to help me out.

no_lock
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Right, just to prove I'm not useless... OK not really, I did it cos I wanted a working phone... I had a flash (flash, geddit?) of inspiration and used TWRP to flash the CWM zip on my phone. I then used CWM to restore the nandroid backup and I now have a working phone again. Yay!

I'd still like a custom rom (neat rom would be good), but unless I know what to do differently I'm going to end up with the same problem of being unable to get past my lock pin... I suppose I could remove the lock pin and then try again, but I suspect that the lock pin might not be my only problem...