Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,177 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't get a unlock code for S2

Tip us?

xyrrrrr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Can't get a unlock code for S2

Hey, I recently bought a S2 device with a carrier lock and I've rooted my S2 and tried the unlock app by chainfire, Galaxy_S Unlock by Helroz but to no avail. So what should I do, are there any more apps to try? Also I have no idea what hardlock is and maybe it is hardlocked and that's why apps don't work.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
GalaxSim Unlock. Search for the thread on here.
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

k4ktus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrrrrr View Post
Hey, I recently bought a S2 device with a carrier lock and I've rooted my S2 and tried the unlock app by chainfire, Galaxy_S Unlock by Helroz but to no avail. So what should I do, are there any more apps to try? Also I have no idea what hardlock is and maybe it is hardlocked and that's why apps don't work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle View Post
GalaxSim Unlock. Search for the thread on here.
Since i had similar problems except the hardlock (?), i can tell you my experiences.
The app by Helroz worked for me only i had the original rom provided by the carrier. Dunno about Chainfire's since, it always worked by Helroz.
Whenever i had different rom ( JB, IC, KK) none of the applications worked for me.

Regarding to GalaxSim unlock, it wanted me to get the PRO one which is about 3 dollars (?) to can unblock it, but i don't like to pay for sth that it has no quarantee thats gonna work =D.

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3,206
So you'd rather pay your carrier $20/$25/$50/or more than pay a couple of bucks for an app ? (Even if it doesn't work, big deal. It's a couple of bucks, not a king's ransom)
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?

xyrrrrr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I already tried GalaxSim Unlock yesterday, but I don't know about the PRO version.