Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't get a unlock code for S2

OP xyrrrrr

18th May 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Hey, I recently bought a S2 device with a carrier lock and I've rooted my S2 and tried the unlock app by chainfire, Galaxy_S Unlock by Helroz but to no avail. So what should I do, are there any more apps to try? Also I have no idea what hardlock is and maybe it is hardlocked and that's why apps don't work.
18th May 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
GalaxSim Unlock. Search for the thread on here.
18th May 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrrrrr

Hey, I recently bought a S2 device with a carrier lock and I've rooted my S2 and tried the unlock app by chainfire, Galaxy_S Unlock by Helroz but to no avail. So what should I do, are there any more apps to try? Also I have no idea what hardlock is and maybe it is hardlocked and that's why apps don't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistahBungle

GalaxSim Unlock. Search for the thread on here.

Since i had similar problems except the hardlock (?), i can tell you my experiences.
The app by Helroz worked for me only i had the original rom provided by the carrier. Dunno about Chainfire's since, it always worked by Helroz.
Whenever i had different rom ( JB, IC, KK) none of the applications worked for me.

Regarding to GalaxSim unlock, it wanted me to get the PRO one which is about 3 dollars (?) to can unblock it, but i don't like to pay for sth that it has no quarantee thats gonna work =D.
18th May 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3,210

7,087 posts
So you'd rather pay your carrier $20/$25/$50/or more than pay a couple of bucks for an app ? (Even if it doesn't work, big deal. It's a couple of bucks, not a king's ransom)
18th May 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Yeah, I forgot to mention that I already tried GalaxSim Unlock yesterday, but I don't know about the PRO version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread