[Q] Update to Moto G?

Tip us?

h3dshot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Default [Q] Update to Moto G?

Hey guys

Had my S2 a little over a year, great piece of kit. I'm currently running slim saber 4.3.1 and its fast and smooth and does everything I want.

I am very tempted to update to Moto G 16gb - its pretty cheap imo. Tesco are offering it for 130 (10 discount for new buyers) and for the specs its a bargain.
I've looked at many websites comparing the two devices and from what i can tell other than the processor and camera there isnt much difference :\

Anyone want to give me their opinion?

Thanks

KingOfDope
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3dshot View Post
Hey guys

Had my S2 a little over a year, great piece of kit. I'm currently running slim saber 4.3.1 and its fast and smooth and does everything I want.

I am very tempted to update to Moto G 16gb - its pretty cheap imo. Tesco are offering it for 130 (10 discount for new buyers) and for the specs its a bargain.
I've looked at many websites comparing the two devices and from what i can tell other than the processor and camera there isnt much difference :\

Anyone want to give me their opinion?

Thanks
The GS2 is very old and not supported anymore
so i think its worth it to "upgrade"
-- I AM A FLASHOHOLIC --
The Following User Says Thank You to KingOfDope For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

h3dshot
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDope View Post
The GS2 is very old and not supported anymore
so i think its worth it to "upgrade"
old, yes. unsupported, i don't think so :P in an official sense its no longer supported by samsung because they want you to buy the latest devices, but there are plenty of developers making roms for our old S2 and the vast majority seem to be offering the latest kit kat variants without samsung's bloaty TW UI.

Thanks for the input though

KingOfDope
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3dshot View Post
old, yes. unsupported, i don't think so :P in an official sense its no longer supported by samsung because they want you to buy the latest devices, but there are plenty of developers making roms for our old S2 and the vast majority seem to be offering the latest kit kat variants without samsung's bloaty TW UI.

Thanks for the input though
yes yes that is what i mean XD srry, btw i love the xda devs over here
-- I AM A FLASHOHOLIC --

amdultra
Old
Thanks Meter 4
is a quite nice update but still, you will miss the super amoled plus screen

pmerced
Old
Thanks Meter 8
The Moto G looks like a great value option for me but the lack of external sdcard makes GS2 still a good choice.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung GT-I9100 - NeatROM Lite v4.8