Ask a question

No registration required

Upgrade problem

OP TudorBlue

2nd May 2012, 01:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

159 posts
Having a spot of bother with my Samsung Galaxy S2. I used Odin to install a generic rom but when my phone restarted, its got an error message on it saying " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in Kies and try again". Ive connected my samsung GS2 to kies but its just keeps telling me its connecting, nothing else happens! Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance guys, any help with this will be very much appreciated
2nd May 2012, 01:35 PM   |  #2  
Pune
Thanks Meter: 11

201 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorBlue

Having a spot of bother with my Samsung Galaxy S2. I used Odin to install a generic rom but when my phone restarted, its got an error message on it saying " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in Kies and try again". Ive connected my samsung GS2 to kies but its just keeps telling me its connecting, nothing else happens! Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance guys, any help with this will be very much appreciated

try once more through ODIN by going into recovery mode, volume up+home+power button and flash the ROM again, and please please follow the instruction given on this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278
also before posting here, you can search your query in general or Q&A section.
The Following User Says Thank You to takeitkool For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2012, 01:52 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitkool

try once more through ODIN by going into recovery mode, volume up+home+power button and flash the ROM again, and please please follow the instruction given on this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278
also before posting here, you can search your query in general or Q&A section.

I followed the instruction to the letter BUT I got too complacent and didnt check the correct boxes were ticked in Odin. Sorted now. Thanks takeitkool, I will make sure I double check everything next time. Goes to show, just how easy it is to screw your phone up if youre not careful
2nd May 2012, 02:36 PM   |  #4  
Pune
Thanks Meter: 11

201 posts
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorBlue

I followed the instruction to the letter BUT I got too complacent and didnt check the correct boxes were ticked in Odin. Sorted now. Thanks takeitkool, I will make sure I double check everything next time. Goes to show, just how easy it is to screw your phone up if youre not careful

welcome dude, please help ur self to press thanks button if i had really helped u
2nd May 2012, 03:22 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

159 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitkool

welcome dude, please help ur self to press thanks button if i had really helped u

Already taken care of. Slightly off topic but is there a way of getting your GS2 to support upgrading via Kies again? Curious more than anything else as Ive now got the " Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread