Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upgrade problem

Tip us?

TudorBlue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Upgrade problem

Having a spot of bother with my Samsung Galaxy S2. I used Odin to install a generic rom but when my phone restarted, its got an error message on it saying " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in Kies and try again". Ive connected my samsung GS2 to kies but its just keeps telling me its connecting, nothing else happens! Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance guys, any help with this will be very much appreciated

takeitkool
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorBlue View Post
Having a spot of bother with my Samsung Galaxy S2. I used Odin to install a generic rom but when my phone restarted, its got an error message on it saying " Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery in Kies and try again". Ive connected my samsung GS2 to kies but its just keeps telling me its connecting, nothing else happens! Can anyone help me out here? Thanks in advance guys, any help with this will be very much appreciated
try once more through ODIN by going into recovery mode, volume up+home+power button and flash the ROM again, and please please follow the instruction given on this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278
also before posting here, you can search your query in general or Q&A section.
The Following User Says Thank You to takeitkool For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TudorBlue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitkool View Post
try once more through ODIN by going into recovery mode, volume up+home+power button and flash the ROM again, and please please follow the instruction given on this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1075278
also before posting here, you can search your query in general or Q&A section.
I followed the instruction to the letter BUT I got too complacent and didnt check the correct boxes were ticked in Odin. Sorted now. Thanks takeitkool, I will make sure I double check everything next time. Goes to show, just how easy it is to screw your phone up if youre not careful

takeitkool
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorBlue View Post
I followed the instruction to the letter BUT I got too complacent and didnt check the correct boxes were ticked in Odin. Sorted now. Thanks takeitkool, I will make sure I double check everything next time. Goes to show, just how easy it is to screw your phone up if youre not careful
welcome dude, please help ur self to press thanks button if i had really helped u

TudorBlue
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitkool View Post
welcome dude, please help ur self to press thanks button if i had really helped u
Already taken care of. Slightly off topic but is there a way of getting your GS2 to support upgrading via Kies again? Curious more than anything else as Ive now got the " Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies"