Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Urgent problem. Please help

Tip us?

matein96
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Urgent problem. Please help

So, I tried to root a friend's SGSII and when it boots the screen just stays there, stuck in the boot logo with the yellow triangle. I read it took some time to boot, but it has been like that too much. I dont know what to do, if I try to flash a rom with odin, it says fail and I dont know why, it never happened to me with my SGS1. I dont find any stock kernels and the stock roms download links are down. I don't want to let my friend down. Do you have any idea of what I could do?
Thanks in advance!!

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3205
1) This isn't urgent.
2) Find Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in the General section, try as much of the stuff in that thread as you need to in order to get a successful flash because this is the only way you're fixing it.

Edit - Stock roms are available from Samfirmware, AndroidFirmwares.net or Samsung-Updates.com
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jeetu
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10031
Location: Delhi College of Engineering (Delhi Technological University)

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matein96 View Post
So, I tried to root a friend's SGSII and when it boots the screen just stays there, stuck in the boot logo with the yellow triangle. I read it took some time to boot, but it has been like that too much. I dont know what to do, if I try to flash a rom with odin, it says fail and I dont know why, it never happened to me with my SGS1. I dont find any stock kernels and the stock roms download links are down. I don't want to let my friend down. Do you have any idea of what I could do?
Thanks in advance!!
You got bootloop.
Now download the latest firmware of your region from sammobile.com and fkash it with odin. For how to flash stock firmware via odin several guides are already available on xda. After that go to Philz kernel thread and flash the Cwm for root access.