5,606,722 Members 37,559 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB jig to still use samsung warranty?

Tip us?

android6391
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] USB jig to still use samsung warranty?

Hi guys im only new here,
Im not sure if i posted this in the right section feel free to move it MODs

Anyway I think i may have bricked my galaxy s2, I get a message that says "Firmware upgrade encountere...." ,after i tried to flash a stock rom back onto the phone after using lite'ning rom for a while, the process failed about half way through, I was using Odin, i can no longer get into recovery mode or clockwork recovery....I can still however get into download mode but my pc wont recognise the device through odin.....

I think it may be bricked

If the phone is bricked could i get a usb jig and reset the binary count to "0" and bring it to my authorised samsung repair shop, would they know i have rooted the phone and would my warranty still be covered?

Thanks for any help guys, i loved this phone and now its useless..

djnoicatse
Old
Thanks Meter 195
This should go into Q&A.

What stock firmware did you flash exactly? Stock carrier?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

android6391
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hi I tried to flash an inscure.tar file, of a stock rom i found on a website i think it was KE7,.... sorry im a complete noob

djnoicatse
Old
(Last edited by djnoicatse; 7th February 2012 at 05:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 195
No worries. That's why XDA is here for you to learn.

So you can get into download mode but Odin doesn't see your device. Seems like the Samsung drivers isn't installed on your computer. Try installing the device drivers manually. And see if Odin recognizes your device then.

EDIT: did you make sure kies wasn't running in the background when you're using ODIN?

android6391
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok thanks for the help, kies was not running tin the background anyway, can you tell me how to manually install the drivers if possible? :)

Spardicus05
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Where can i get a stock firmware for a sgs2 sgh-I777? i loaded ics 4.0.3 and now my speaker and mic dont work during calls. Anyone have and ideas on how to get back to gingerbread? i have search for it and everywhere says it has been removed.

djnoicatse
Old
(Last edited by djnoicatse; 7th February 2012 at 05:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 195
Try uninstalling kies and install again. Once installed plug in your device and see if it downloads the drivers that way.

I'll try and look for the drivers while you do that.

djnoicatse
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spardicus05 View Post
Where can i get a stock firmware for a sgs2 sgh-I777? i loaded ics 4.0.3 and now my speaker and mic dont work during calls. Anyone have and ideas on how to get back to gingerbread? i have search for it and everywhere says it has been removed.
You'll have better luck in the at&t gs2 forums. You won't find your file here. Sorry

android6391
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok i will try that and get back to you

Scared27
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Sounds like a soft brick. I had problems flashing once (work computer was playing up) and it was complaining about needing an emergency firmware recovery in kies but I just re-flashed the rom when I got home and it was all good.

Hopefully it's the same for you.