5,595,760 Members 37,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB Not Recognized i9100

Tip us?

spark9990
Old
(Last edited by spark9990; 8th December 2013 at 11:33 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] USB Not Recognized i9100

Hi,

S2 suddenly stopped picking up USB. "USB Device Not Recognised".

I've checked all guides and i cant get it to work. Its not my USB ports my S4 works fine.

I have replaced USB pcb many months ago no problem until now, it charges fine makes standard noise when i plug it in.

I assumed it may be due to custom rom, i tried to flash stock in Odin download mode but it does not recognise any USB device.

I'm kind of stuck and don't know what to do next hope someone can help.

Update: I'm going to try Mobile Odin, see if flashing original Stock firmware fixes it.

amcgavin
Old
Thanks Meter 75
You can try to reinstall samsung drivers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=961956), see if that fixes it.
It's unlikely that a custom rom is causing it, unless the problem happened as soon as you flashed it, rather than suddenly not working.

spark9990
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Thanks, tired it no luck, I may have to replace USB PCB. flashed stock firmware with mobileOdin I hoped it would fix it.

bucumeja
Old
Thanks Meter 7

MistahBungle
Old
Thanks Meter 3021
Thanks for that outstanding contribution to the thread
If it's important enough to cause you grief if it's lost, back it up. No excuses
Trolling for thanks is lame
Does Samsung's auto-brightness implementation crap drive you to self-harm ? A solution !
Probably the best thread ever posted on XDA
Failure to search is the leading cause of male impotence on XDA
If you don't know how to recover if things go wrong, what are you doing flashing custom roms ?
Donate to you ?? Bahahaaaaahahahahahahaaahahaha !!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MistahBungle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]