Experience with os Mavericks and windows xp virtualized in vmware
Originally Posted by dj_ghosie
Having searched for a long time for a solution in using Odin under Mac OSX environment, I've finally found a solution! A lot of people say can't , but here it is...
1. Load up VirtualBox's Windows session
2. Download the Samsung USB drivers in Windows from the attachment and extract in a folder.
3. Closes the Windows session
4. Go to the USB setting of the Windows session
3. Reboot SGS2 in download mode
4. Plug in the phone to USB
5. Add a new USB filter <SAMSUNG Gadget Serial [021B]>
- Note: There could be a error box showing up, ignore it
6. Unplug USB
7. Load up Windows session again
8. Once loaded, plug in the phone again and wait for new hardware prompt
9. Add the required drivers from the downloaded file
10. Unplug USB
11. Load Odin
After Odin is loaded inside the Windows session and the phone is plugged in, the COM box will turn yellow and you can flash whatever you want!
My setup is like this:
Mac OS: 10.7.2 Lion
Win OS: Win XP SP3 32 bit
VirtualBox: 4.1.6 (with USB extension pack)
For those who are using difference OS versions, please report the results and help others! I'll try to generate a list from the feedback.
just my experience:
Mac os Mavericks, vmware, windows xp virtualized in vmware, last version of samsung kies installed inside the windows xp virtualized machine. install Odin3 3.10, put your phone in download mode, connect the usb cable and when operating system ask for connection with osx or vmware obviosly choose vmware, Odin3 recognize immediatly the phone and you can update everything you want. I have updated my bootloader e my CMW and after installed the rom "android revolution hd" without any problem