Using my S2 in my car.

OP firozu

17th April 2014, 09:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

48 posts
Hi all,

First off I may be in the wrong section i have the samsung galaxy s2 t989 (t-mobile) but i can't find that forum.

I already have the hell kat rom on mine right now so installing custom roms is not a problem. I wanted to know if their was a custom rom that is specifically tailored for use in the car.

For example it would have the car dock built in, a gps app that can be used without data, wake when it is connected to charger and stay on while connected. Voice control for music ect...

I know i could just source together all the specific apps i need. But if its out there why re-invent the wheel.
18th April 2014, 09:43 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

48 posts
Any Ideas?
8th July 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #3  

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by firozu

Hi all,

First off I may be in the wrong section i have the samsung galaxy s2 t989 (t-mobile) but i can't find that forum.

I already have the hell kat rom on mine right now so installing custom roms is not a problem. I wanted to know if their was a custom rom that is specifically tailored for use in the car.

For example it would have the car dock built in, a gps app that can be used without data, wake when it is connected to charger and stay on while connected. Voice control for music ect...

I know i could just source together all the specific apps i need. But if its out there why re-invent the wheel.

I'm using CM11 Kitkat, and it comes with all of those features your looking for. Haven't heard of one for the Hercules specifically designed for a car, bit all of it should come pre-installed, after you flash the rom, and gapps. The only issue with the CM11 Rom I'm using now, is that the bluetooth doesn't really work that great, if at all. It is a nightly, but I haven't really had problems... Check this out:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2518955

jtgr94
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII T989D Hercules CM11 Android 4.4.4
8th July 2014, 11:35 AM   |  #4  
Flag gurgaon
Thanks Meter: 9

34 posts
More
check out this rom
Quote:
Originally Posted by firozu

Any Ideas?

you might want to experiment by installing the international version i9100 rom on your s2

you might enjoy this spirit rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...itrom-t2691071
also check out the omni rom 4.4.4 nightly ..its kinda unstable but worth a try as it might meet up with your custom requirments ..i.e driving needs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread