Nvidia Shield Tablet Updated to Version 2.2.1

more

Lolistat – Statusbar Coloring Module

more

Flat Style Icons for Root Explorer

more

Watches: Luxurious Frivolity vs. Humble Practicality

The post Watches: Luxurious Frivolity vs. Humble Practicality appeared first on … more
Post Reply

[Q] Video in CM11

OP maximem76

12th February 2014, 01:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rouen
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Hi
Video recording still not works in CM11 nightlies (12/02/2014).
So I wanted to know if there is a fix for that?
Thank you.
12th February 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #2  
doctor_droid's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Indore
Thanks Meter: 1,880
 
4,333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximem76

Hi
Video recording still not works in CM11 nightlies (12/02/2014).
So I wanted to know if there is a fix for that?
Thank you.

I guess the fix would come through gerrit
14th February 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #3  
flasherruts's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 78
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
if you have been using any other KITKAT Based custom roms for this device , which has the camcorder working , pull the camera.apk from that rom ( using root browser,or any root file manager file app,go to system,app,find the camera.apk, copy it and replace it with the rom which does not have video recorder working( cm11 in your case ) . This is what I do with ROMs which have bugs or faults . Sorry if this seems to be a rather , wrong or " illegal" method but it seems to be the only option available right now until the official ROM get the bug fixed . Thanks a lot and all the best !
The Following User Says Thank You to flasherruts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rouen
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flasherruts

if you have been using any other KITKAT Based custom roms for this device , which has the camcorder working , pull the camera.apk from that rom ( using root browser,or any root file manager file app,go to system,app,find the camera.apk, copy it and replace it with the rom which does not have video recorder working( cm11 in your case ) . This is what I do with ROMs which have bugs or faults . Sorry if this seems to be a rather , wrong or " illegal" method but it seems to be the only option available right now until the official ROM get the bug fixed . Thanks a lot and all the best !

Thank you for your idea but I have not used other rom. Do you know where I can find a such apk?
16th February 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #5  
flasherruts's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 78
 
333 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Thumbs up Camera2.apk From CyanAOSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximem76

Thank you for your idea but I have not used other rom. Do you know where I can find a such apk?

Yes.From any other ROM which has a working camera.I have attached below the camera2.apk from CyanAOSP ROM which has a fully functional camera , video recorder.Use Root Browser and replace the existing camera.apk with the file file i have attached and set permission to rwrr. All The Best and hope I helped .
Attached Files
File Type: apk Camera2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.94 MB, 31 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to flasherruts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th February 2014, 09:04 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rouen
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flasherruts

Yes.From any other ROM which has a working camera.I have attached below the camera2.apk from CyanAOSP ROM which has a fully functional camera , video recorder.Use Root Browser and replace the existing camera.apk with the file file i have attached and set permission to rwrr. All The Best and hope I helped .

Thank you very much!! It works
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes