[Q] Video in CM11

Tip us?

maximem76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Video in CM11

Hi
Video recording still not works in CM11 nightlies (12/02/2014).
So I wanted to know if there is a fix for that?
Thank you.

doctor_droid
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximem76
Hi
Video recording still not works in CM11 nightlies (12/02/2014).
So I wanted to know if there is a fix for that?
Thank you.
I guess the fix would come through gerrit

flasherruts
Old
Thanks Meter 48
if you have been using any other KITKAT Based custom roms for this device , which has the camcorder working , pull the camera.apk from that rom ( using root browser,or any root file manager file app,go to system,app,find the camera.apk, copy it and replace it with the rom which does not have video recorder working( cm11 in your case ) . This is what I do with ROMs which have bugs or faults . Sorry if this seems to be a rather , wrong or " illegal" method but it seems to be the only option available right now until the official ROM get the bug fixed . Thanks a lot and all the best !
WHY BE A KING ?! WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD !
The Following User Says Thank You to flasherruts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maximem76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flasherruts View Post
if you have been using any other KITKAT Based custom roms for this device , which has the camcorder working , pull the camera.apk from that rom ( using root browser,or any root file manager file app,go to system,app,find the camera.apk, copy it and replace it with the rom which does not have video recorder working( cm11 in your case ) . This is what I do with ROMs which have bugs or faults . Sorry if this seems to be a rather , wrong or " illegal" method but it seems to be the only option available right now until the official ROM get the bug fixed . Thanks a lot and all the best !
Thank you for your idea but I have not used other rom. Do you know where I can find a such apk?

flasherruts
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Thumbs up Camera2.apk From CyanAOSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximem76 View Post
Thank you for your idea but I have not used other rom. Do you know where I can find a such apk?
Yes.From any other ROM which has a working camera.I have attached below the camera2.apk from CyanAOSP ROM which has a fully functional camera , video recorder.Use Root Browser and replace the existing camera.apk with the file file i have attached and set permission to rwrr. All The Best and hope I helped .
Attached Files
File Type: apk Camera2.apk - [Click for QR Code] (3.94 MB, 10 views)
WHY BE A KING ?! WHEN YOU CAN BE A GOD !
The Following User Says Thank You to flasherruts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maximem76
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by flasherruts View Post
Yes.From any other ROM which has a working camera.I have attached below the camera2.apk from CyanAOSP ROM which has a fully functional camera , video recorder.Use Root Browser and replace the existing camera.apk with the file file i have attached and set permission to rwrr. All The Best and hope I helped .
Thank you very much!! It works