Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Whattsapp/Telegram/Hanghouts dont arrive while screenoff (kitkat rom)

Tip us?

velocity90
Old
(Last edited by velocity90; 20th May 2014 at 04:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Default Whattsapp/Telegram/Hanghouts dont arrive while screenoff (kitkat rom)

Hi,

I searched a lot about this problem. A lot seem to have this problem with Kitkat roms but I have yet to find a solution. Whattsapp, telegram, hangouts and email also dont arrive when screen is off. I have wifi set to Always on.

I tried Neatrom AOSP and Slimsaber, they both have the same problem (same source) On JB this problem wasnt there. Tried everything from changing kernels to wiping caches, complete wipes and installs. Fresh install of whattsapp, all does nothing to the problem. If I turn on and unlock my Phone messages will arrive, sometimes after 1 minute.

Push notifier app doesnt work, tried it already. I havent greenified those apps. And have reflashed at least more than 10 times. Complete wipes and fresh download of whattsapp. I can see in my router that my Phone keeps its connection during sleep.

Both wifi and 3g tiles are orange most of the time, thats also weird. Some say its like that but Ive checked some phones and they dont do that.

banjara
Old
Thanks Meter 111
I had tried multiple KK roms and sometimes I faced the same issue. In my case it was a custom kernel(dori/gustavo/appollo - I dont remember which one) which changed the deep sleep behaviour of the device. Never faced the same issue with stock kernel of that KK rom.
Are you on custom kernel too?
Galaxy S2
ROM: AOSB 1.3.6

velocity90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjara View Post
I had tried multiple KK roms and sometimes I faced the same issue. In my case it was a custom kernel(dori/gustavo/appollo - I dont remember which one) which changed the deep sleep behaviour of the device. Never faced the same issue with stock kernel of that KK rom.
Now apolo light, tried stock neatrom, , dori, gustavo

Im just flashed the newest Slimsaber so I can see if the problem is there with stock slimsaber kernel

GreekBlood
Old
Thanks Meter 280

DONATE TO ME
I don't have any problems on carbon + dori

velocity90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
On dori I had, also freezes and lag v112

What I could find that its a problem with Motorola based kitkat (first kitkat so a lot of roms)

velocity90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
On dori I had, also freezes and lag v112

What I could find that its a problem with Motorola based kitkat (first kitkat so a lot of roms)

I cant say if its solved with stock kernel, tonight it will be quiter on whattsapp and easier to spot.

velocity90
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjara View Post
Stock Slimsaber kernel seems to have fixed it. Will give it 2 more days to be sure. Too bad, because Apolo gives me the best performance and battery

banjara
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity90 View Post
Stock Slimsaber kernel seems to have fixed it. Will give it 2 more days to be sure. Too bad, because Apolo gives me the best performance and battery
I am glad that I could point you in the right direction even if I am a noob
because of the deep sleep troubles only I had to come out of dori.
Galaxy S2
ROM: AOSB 1.3.6

The Following User Says Thank You to banjara For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]