FORUMS

[Q] WiFi problem on dorimanx kernel

62 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By kris_l, Member on 27th July 2014, 02:40 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, since some time I can't switch on WiFi on slimsaber 4.4.4.
Before I install slimsaber I make format of data,cache and system partition in recovery. Then I install slim saber,gapps and after that dorimanx kernel. During setup on WiFi screen I got message that I should switch on wifi. I skiped that and after setup process finished I tried to switch on WiFi from settings but it doesn't work. When I flash Gustavo_s kernel everything is OK. I've discovered that when I flash ROM as 2nd ROM everything works so I've cloned 2nd ROM to 1st ROM. After that WiFi in 1st ROM works. When I tried to update ROM to last one (26.07.14) WiFi stopped work again and I had to start everything again (2nd rom->1st). I've resized partitions some time ago but I don:'t think that it could be the source of the problem.I've tried kernel wipe script but it didn't help.
Does anyone have idea what is wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to kris_l For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th June 2015, 04:52 AM |#2  
Flag Country of Novak Djokovic and Nikola Tesla - Srbija - Beograd
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Thumbs down Nobody to answer over a year????
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris_l

Hi, since some time I can't switch on WiFi on slimsaber 4.4.4.
Before I install slimsaber I make format of data,cache and system partition in recovery. Then I install slim saber,gapps and after that dorimanx kernel. During setup on WiFi screen I got message that I should switch on wifi. I skiped that and after setup process finished I tried to switch on WiFi from settings but it doesn't work. When I flash Gustavo_s kernel everything is OK. I've discovered that when I flash ROM as 2nd ROM everything works so I've cloned 2nd ROM to 1st ROM. After that WiFi in 1st ROM works. When I tried to update ROM to last one (26.07.14) WiFi stopped work again and I had to start everything again (2nd rom->1st). I've resized partitions some time ago but I don:'t think that it could be the source of the problem.I've tried kernel wipe script but it didn't help.
Does anyone have idea what is wrong?

Many people has same problem with kitkat(not all versions) and nobody from DorimanX team did not solve and answered that???????
14th June 2015, 08:02 AM |#3  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 2,265

Donate to Me
More
Wifi problems are from the updated wifi drivers in the kernel. Your ROM is not compatible with the updated driver, hence you experience wifi issues. I'm still trying to work this out, usually this can be solved by further updating of wifi drivers or reverting commits.

Who do you mean by dorimanx team? Do you mean cybernetus, computoncio and dorimanx? The only active developers are chhapil and myself. Other dorimanx legendary users are m1trand1r and Troubadour666 (and few others that I haven't mentioned yet).
Last edited by gsstudios; 14th June 2015 at 08:05 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)