[Q] Wifi-sharing, turns on at work, not by me

24th March 2012, 06:30 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi, read a lot of threads about wifi-sharing on the Galaxy S2 and just on Android in general. I have not found an answer for my specific situation. I have NEVER configured, used, or even glanced at any menu settings regarding any wifi-sharing features on my phone. Yet, for the past 2 days my phone battery is all but dead by noon to 1 pm after NO use due to wifi-sharing showing up in battery usage at about 85%! "Media sharing" is showing up too. As I said, I've never used this feature before, It's never even showed up in battery usage before. I have NOT installed any new apps recently. Any ideas why this would be happening all of a sudden?

Paranoid side note : Can wifi-sharing be activated remotely?
For some reason the wifi-sharing only shows up in battery usage after arriving at my workplace. Is there such a thing as someone else remotely turning on your wifi sharing on your phone? I know that the phone carriers have the capability of doing this, but does the average Joe have this capability as well? I also recently became aware that bluetooth can be hacked to get through to your mobile data, that's why I'm wondering about the possibility of remote wifi-sharing activation too.

Somebody please tell me I'm an idiot and there is a perfectly reasonable explanation.

And be nice please. Thanks.

Galaxy S2 GT-I9100M
Gingerbread KG2
Bell Canada
24th March 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Madurai-Chennai
Thanks Meter: 6,555

11,341 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unless you paired you mobile with any other in your work place its almost unhackable. If you see anything under paired devices in wifi direct , remove those.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery usage, hacking, remote, wifi-sharing
Previous Thread Next Thread